Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, was this box manufactured by the people that make those crazy Chinese puzzles? WTF!? How the crap does the rifle go back in the box without having to cut pieces of the box off?

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy crap I figured it out! After a seemingly endless amount of time I got it! I thought I was going to have to drive over to one of the engineers from work's house and get them to figure it out lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
lol i gave up and gota rifle bag for mine. Kept the foam and put it in my 995ts box lol. I think you have to my some kinda mythical japanese origami master to get these things back in properly.

·
Registered
365 Posts
lol i gave up and gota rifle bag for mine. Kept the foam and put it in my 995ts box lol. I think you have to my some kinda mythical japanese origami master to get these things back in properly.
+1 to that!
Course I forgot this is the same company that makes the mark 3 and 22/45 and if you've ever tried to break one of those down you'd laugh. I did mine... once... got it back from ruger a month later and decided I'm just gonna just brush and patch swab what I can and use the spray cleaners for what I can't reach (down into the bolt mostly). Drop a drop of hoppes oil on each side of the bolt and cycle it around and I'M DONE. When it stops shooting if it does I'll just let a gunsmith break that thing down again... lol

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol I got my MK III 22/45 apart and reassembled, but it was one of the worst experiences I've ever done. It took me about a week to figure out how to get it back together again. I was proud of myself when I finished though hahahaha.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I started to do mine but I stopped the proccess when I pulled the bolt hold pin out in the back of it, I decided to put it back together before I screwed it up. The gun didn't like that idea... The hammer must not of been in the right position because the bolt kinda stuck open now and wouldnt budge and the pin was stuck in. Took it to TWO gunsmith's I know to look at just no charge and the consensus was "how the fuck did you do that". So off to ruger and a month later comes back with a nice note from them telling me to read the directions next time and if I ever wana take it apart again to call them first. Thing is I followed the directions but they don't say anything about you having to actually finish tearing the thing down when you start doing it. Now birchwood casey arisol cleaner is my friend. It is with my 995ts to cause I can tell you what that gun will get tore down just about as much as that ruger lol.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol yeah the directions might as well be written in German with how descriptive they are. I used like 395034294034 Youtube videos to figure out how to take mine apart. I took it down once after I first got it (I bought mine used) because I always take my used guns apart to clean them out good before shooting. I've put several hundred rounds through it since then and I just use a Q tip and some break free CLP now lol. Taking that thing apart once was enough!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yeah that's what I say... and I'm the type that if I get a new gun I gota tear it apart and see how it works. Only gun I ain't done it yet to is my 995ts but hi point recommends to not do it anyhow, so I'll just use my spray cleaner, scrub the front of the bolt with a brush soaked in hopes no 9 and drop acouple drops of oil on each side of the bolt when I'm done and leave it at that. Pretty much the same goes for my 10/22... lol I got one from ruger afew months back with a tapco stock on it and tried getting it back into the box... ruger boxes work well for starting fires at a camp ground did ya know?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts