Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
I’m Chris, I recently inherited an old stallard js-9. Personally I’m not the biggest fan but after doing some research to learn more about them I came across the “babe Ruth” post on hipoints website talking bout macho Melvin and the legendary maverick js-9 scratch-out and restamped stallard js-9. I’m 99.9% sure I got one of the 300, although it’s hard to make out the little bit of lettering that remains, it does appear to be legit. I’ve compared it to images of the maverick and the “M’s” at the beginning of each row of writing is in identical location and staggered identically as well, unfortunately that is bout all I have to go with because of how well they ground it down. I was only able to see what I did after using a jewelers loop. Anyhoo, not sure if anyone knows how to contact Mach Melvin so I can try and find out what it might be worth but mainly to confirm that it is indeed legit. Or if anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the right direction for confirming it’s legitimacy and getting an estimated appraisal, that would be much appreciated! Anyhoo, I’m tech retarded so if I’m breaking forum etiquette my apologies and thanks for ya’lls time and input!

·
Super Moderator
28,618 Posts
He left here because of, um... "personality conflicts." He went and started a FB group. You should be able to find him there if you root around.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: ChrisOfromcalibro

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
It's worth whatever you can convince someone to pay for it, or about $50-$75 if you tried to sell it to someone who knows Hi Points but isn't desperately searching for the parts. There's no real collector's value to our little section of the firearms community. Even Hi Point has ZERO means of telling you about the history of your firearm and will be the first to tell you that if you ask them.

As far as Melvin goes, he's no longer welcome here due to the aforementioned "personality conflicts" but you can ask him about that. One of his "conflicts" involved going behind member's backs and purposefully screwing them over by outbidding them on gun auction sights when they posted about them on here to ask what a fair price might be. So you might do yourself a favor and see what the forum has to offer you instead.

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
Legit or not makes no difference at all. 2 people on the planet care if it's an actual re-stamped gun, and that would be Melvin and the guy he's trying to take advanta...I mean, the guy he's dealing with.

My personal number is $100. NO alloy framed HP/Stallard/Maverick/JH/JC gun is worth more than that. I have one JS, one JC and one JH. Smooth shooting sweet old bricks for the range, but not much else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Legit or not makes no difference at all. 2 people on the planet care if it's an actual re-stamped gun, and that would be Melvin and the guy he's trying to take advanta...I mean, the guy he's dealing with.

My personal number is $100. NO alloy framed HP/Stallard/Maverick/JH/JC gun is worth more than that. I have one JS, one JC and one JH. Smooth shooting sweet old bricks for the range, but not much else.
It's worth whatever you can convince someone to pay for it, or about $50-$75 if you tried to sell it to someone who knows Hi Points but isn't desperately searching for the parts. There's no real collector's value to our little section of the firearms community. Even Hi Point has ZERO means of telling you about the history of your firearm and will be the first to tell you that if you ask them.

As far as Melvin goes, he's no longer welcome here due to the aforementioned "personality conflicts" but you can ask him about that. One of his "conflicts" involved going behind member's backs and purposefully screwing them over by outbidding them on gun auction sights when they posted about them on here to ask what a fair price might be. So you might do yourself a favor and see what the forum has to offer you instead.
Lol, personally I don’t think it even makes for a good paperweight! But I guess I should talk s$!t bout a gun I’ve never fired and to each their own… sucks to hear Melvin is a douche bag! At least IMO, anyone pulling crap like that is a douche bag… but I’ll keep my the rest of my opinions to myself… it seems these days people get so offended that freedom of speech is getting more and more limited, for lack of a better way of putting it… thanks to everyone for the info, happy shooting and God bless America!

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Lol, personally I don’t think it even makes for a good paperweight! But I guess I should talk s$!t bout a gun I’ve never fired and to each their own… sucks to hear Melvin is a douche bag! At least IMO, anyone pulling crap like that is a douche bag… but I’ll keep my the rest of my opinions to myself… it seems these days people get so offended that freedom of speech is getting more and more limited, for lack of a better way of putting it… thanks to everyone for the info, happy shooting and God bless America!
Well I'm not going to give you the "we don't restrict free speech" speech. We do have a set of written rules our owners expect us to follow and with today's political and social climate, combined with cancel culture, our hands are tied when it comes to enforcement if we want to keep the doors open. Having said that, we are fairly lax...

No you aren't the first, and you definitely won't be the last to trash a hi point they've never fired by you'll never be as bad as the guy I caught trashing them on the Glock site who has not only fired one, but owns one, and has shot mine with photo evidence to prove it. He was an Assistant Fire Chief at a neighboring fire department to mine and we used to go to the range a lot. He liked my 4095 and bought his own 995.

If it fires you should go put some rounds through it. The real problem with Hi Points is that they're addictive. They're relatively low cost, come in 4 flavors of handgun with 5 for the carbines, and they're not bad firearms. The carbines seem to be more popular lately though.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
If it fires you should go put some rounds through it. The real problem with Hi Points is that they're addictive. They're relatively low cost, come in 4 flavors of handgun with 5 for the carbines, and they're not bad firearms. The carbines seem to be more popular lately though.
Poor man's "ASSult rifle" - for the Covid/zombie end of the world

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'm not going to give you the "we don't restrict free speech" speech. We do have a set of written rules our owners expect us to follow and with today's political and social climate, combined with cancel culture, our hands are tied when it comes to enforcement if we want to keep the doors open. Having said that, we are fairly lax...

No you aren't the first, and you definitely won't be the last to trash a hi point they've never fired by you'll never be as bad as the guy I caught trashing them on the Glock site who has not only fired one, but owns one, and has shot mine with photo evidence to prove it. He was an Assistant Fire Chief at a neighboring fire department to mine and we used to go to the range a lot. He liked my 4095 and bought his own 995.

Well, you got me curious AF! So I got 200 rounds and went to the backyard and sure enough, she fires… I can’t find the words to describe the trigger… or the sights, but I’ll be damned, if I take my time she’s pretty damn accurate and consistently at that. Between that, and the fact that when I field stripped and cleaned it before I shot it, I found that it has a bent firing pin, and the part that the bullet slides up into the chamber on has a big ding on the right hand side that I knew would cause the bullets to have feeding issues, but to my amazement, as long as I “set the mag” or hit it on my palm to set the bullet angle, it fires flawlessly. Took me bout 50 rounds to figure that out but once I did, I spent the next 100 without any issues and stopped for the day. Tomorrow I’ll take the time to repair the ding and give that part a good polish, any place to get a firing pin for these things?…. In the end, all I can say is that They seem to be pretty damn reliable, matter of fact in my research, Demolition Ranch has a great review that proves they are literally bullet proof! But they are heavy AF, the trigger sucks balls, the sights are crude at best, and she certainly is lacking in capacity and capability to reload quickly. But she will probably be working long after I’m gone so on that note, I’ll tip my hat to good ol American engineering and simplicity. That seems to be the things that last…

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
a bent firing pin....any place to get a firing pin for these things?….
Call Hi Point first - I'm not sure if they still support Stallad or not. If they do, they'll send you one for free. If not, try Amazon or some of the gun sale websites - you can often get parts or entire "parts" gun pretty cheap (least before Captain Tripps came around). Numrich may have parts. I'm not certain if the firing pin in the Stallard is the same as the C9, but someone will chime in with that info shortly, I'm sure.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Are'nt they still doing the "it's so old we don't have to honor it but send us your old one, we'll give you a new one" thing?

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Are'nt they still doing the "it's so old we don't have to honor it but send us your old one, we'll give you a new one" thing?
Could be. I vaguely remember a post about no longer supporting one of the older models, but I can't find it now.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,026 Posts
Im pretty sure the new firing pin is the same spec as that one. I have the same model and the last time I ordered it I got the new one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts