How to install picante/weaver rail on 995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Mordecai, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

2. Ridge

Ridge Member

I picked up a Weaver rail at Gander Mtn. for $10...it came with screws, but they would have required retapping the 995's bolt carrier...instead I used two of the old iron sight screws to attach them and they've held tight since!

[​IMG]

3. Dont want to sound like a jerk but its "picatinny" not picante... like a jalapeno. Also, since no one make a custom one for the 995, what ever you buy you will probably have to transfer holes and drill and countersink.

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

My bad, it was late, and I was just sounding it out, lol.

@Ridge - So using the old iron sight bolts, it just bolts right in place?

5. Ridge

Ridge Member

Mine did...I unbolted the reciever cover and took it with me to Gander Mtn and tried to match it up as close as possible...I dont recall the exact piece number, thought it ended with 3A...it does arc up a little bit because of the forward most hole being risen up, but its not a big deal...still holds tight...

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

Good you possibly get the item number off of it somehow, or would that require disassembly?

7. Ridge

Ridge Member

I would need to take it off the shroud...no big deal, but its over at a friend's house...Im sure I still have the bag somewhere, let me try to find that...

8. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

LMAO I was picturing a jar of Pace Picante attached to a 995

9. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

10. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

11. You'll have to tell me how the quality is. I may buy one as well.

12. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

any luck on the mount number?, the scope came in today, but it only had a picatinny rail mount, not a weaver mount...

13. Ridge

Ridge Member

Sorry, the number wasnt on the rail like I hoped...here is a pic of the rail though, for reference...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im using holes 2 and 4 (from the front of the bolt shroud) to mount it, using 2 of the shorter screws from the iron sights...

For a flat install, you COULD cut off the forward-most block on there, or find another one that will fit...I just grabbed that particular rail because it was the first I found that lined up with the mounts...

14. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

Would it be possible to drill a rail that was the right length?

Also, does Hi-Point not make a scope mount?

15. Ridge

Ridge Member

Hi Point 995s DO come with their own rail mount, but mine did not include it...

16. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

Is it a weaver style mount?

If so, when I send mine in, I'll ask for it, lol.

17. Ridge

Ridge Member

I believe so...

18. Yes they have one that comes with the Hi Point carbines from the factory. Very easy to install and will fit practically any scope

19. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

then I'll just do that instead of buying one.

20. http://cgi.ebay.com/GUARDER-G36C-Pi...371549QQihZ017QQcategoryZ106974QQcmdZViewItem
    Don't be fooled because this is for an airsoft rifle.
    It can handle the recoil easily,it is made of aluminun and comes with the screws to mount it.
    you will have to find nuts and lockwashers,metric.
    I had to drill out the holes in the reciever cover to get them to fit.
    Your only going to use two of the orginal holes.
    You get two,so you can mount the other one on the bottom of the forend for a bipod,which by the way is my next project.
    Here are more options,
    http://search.stores.ebay.com/eHobb...QfsopZ1QQfsubZ2928125QQsaselZ56665468QQsofpZ0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]