Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
umm i hate to say it but this was proven not to be true several years ago hahahahahahaaa

i wish it were true though hahahaha

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know looked real to me, AND I will try it and let ya know how it goes!
lol i was going to try it myself. let us know if you do it before me.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im thinking the snopes video was rigged the dew bottle disapeared form the screen to many times for me to believe it. You even catch a glimps of the top of another dew bottle to the right on the counter at the end. Ill just have to try it myself lol.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
While in theory it produces light, in practice the light produce is not enough to be visible. I have tried this several times. each time altering the amount of each agent with no success. If you really want the stuff to make your own chem light, go to spectrum lab supply. I have an account with them, but I do believe that you need to send the a copy of your ID.

EDIT: You will need to purchase hydrogen peroxide of 15% concentration or better and phenyl oxylate, or an ester of phenyl oxylate. DO NOT USE phenolic oxides. the peroxy-cyclic acids created are very poisonous. you can use pretty much any water based dye for the color you want.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
While in theory it produces light, in practice the light produce is not enough to be visible. I have tried this several times. each time altering the amount of each agent with no success. If you really want the stuff to make your own chem light, go to spectrum lab supply. I have an account with them, but I do believe that you need to send the a copy of your ID.

EDIT: You will need to purchase hydrogen peroxide of 15% concentration or better and phenyl oxylate, or an ester of phenyl oxylate. DO NOT USE phenolic oxides. the peroxy-cyclic acids created are very poisonous. you can use pretty much any water based dye for the color you want.
way to go!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts