Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for a common carrier, and i see alot of damaged packages. I made this video so your package arrives secure, and in the rare case the label is torn, ways to insure your pistol will get back for repairs, and back to you.

Pistols can not be shipped back to the factory Via USPS. It must be either UPS or FEDEX

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#shipping-firearms-usps

·
Registered
222 Posts
How many "monkeys" do you work with that kick boxes?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I worked for UPS for a summer. Hell of a job, and made me never want to mail anything through UPS.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A couple of hints:
1. Don't make and post a video on YouTube showing your home address, strange folks will visit you, and you may well not enjoy their company.
2. When you prepare a package for shipping, using BOTH hands works much better, the job will be done much better a lot quicker.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good thing my screen name and a phony address are on there.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Don't forget to include your Serial # on the paper you send to the tech. It's important for them to have just in case!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Question.

You said that Beemiller says to declare the contents as "machine parts". What happens if the box is lost somewhere along the line? Would you get in trouble for reporting a FA stolen or lost that you said was just "parts"? Any experience with that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased a .40 S&W hi-point, it shoots very low over 10 yards. The sight is as high as it will go, to the point were the adjustment screw is ready to pop out!

I decided to mail it back, well UPS and FEDEX wants a shipping cost of over $50.00!! That 1/4 the cost that I paid for this pistol. The dealer that I purchased it from wants over $35.00 to ship and transfer owner ship to them.

I am not shipping it as parts, if it's lost in shipping I'm out of 1 pistol.

Any advise, please...

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First of when hi point will tell you to ship it back ups. when they ask waht it is , tell them machined parts. This is what hi point will tell you. Then you can ship it back ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hate to ask a dumb question but I've searched the forums and can't seem to find the answer.

Can you just mail in your firearm to Hi-Point or do you need to call first?

My cousin willed me his C9 and it keeps jamming. It's either the Winchester ammo that he also willed to me or it just really needs to be cleaned.

Thanks,
KDB

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
When I called Hi-Point to ship my C9 in last week, they never gave me any kind of case number or any other number.
Should I be concerned?

The only thing they said was to ship it UPS and they did mention saying machine parts. They also said to include a paper with my name, address, phone number and email address.

BTW - UPS never asked about the contents of the package and I did purchase insurance on it.

Hmmm, I'm just a bit concerned. No number was given to me and I have recieved no communication from Hi-Point. I don't even know how they will ship it back UPS or USPS.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
When I called Hi-Point to ship my C9 in last week, they never gave me any kind of case number or any other number.
Should I be concerned?

The only thing they said was to ship it UPS and they did mention saying machine parts. They also said to include a paper with my name, address, phone number and email address.

BTW - UPS never asked about the contents of the package and I did purchase insurance on it.

Hmmm, I'm just a bit concerned. No number was given to me and I have recieved no communication from Hi-Point. I don't even know how they will ship it back UPS or USPS.
Shipped mine in about 2 months ago. I did the same thing as you did. Hi-Point did not give a me a case number or anything else. I called about 3 days after I had sent it in to be sure that they had received it. Mine took about 2 weeks to get back to me. They ship back using FedEx. At least that is how mine was shipped. There also has to be an adult to sign for the package. They ship all there packages back on Thursday's.

Hope this helps. They also sent me a new magazine for my C9. Great company, with top notch service!!!

Greengo

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm thinking that any strange people who try to visit Virgil might not like what they find, if they're not invited....just a thought.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.