how to polish loading ramp

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by doc40mike, Feb 29, 2016.

1. doc40mike

doc40mike Member

Hi I'am new to the forum and guns in general. I was wondering how to polish the loading ramp on my c9. I have been having problems with shells jamming.

2. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

Hey doc40mike, welcome to the form! On one I had years ago, I used a dremel tool with sanding/polishing discs/wheels and some rouge polishing cream. Gave it a mirror shine to the ramp.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Chances are, its NOT the ramp.

I know, everyone says it is, but I have 17 of the guns, and only 1 has a polished ramp; every other issue I've been able to solve by tweaking the mags.

But if you just need to do it anyway, get a Dremel, and a 422 3/8 inch felt cone polishing bit, and some rouge.

[​IMG]

4. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Mothers mag and aluminum polish works well. I have to say that finger pressure is all you really want. A drimmel? It can work but be careful not to remove too much

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Doc, welcome.
    Tell us first what the problems are as 'jamming' doesn't really tell us much.
    New gun? Old gun?
    What ammo?

6. Geezer

Geezer Junior Member Member

Everyone automatically wants to polish a feed ramp. Put the Dremmel down. Many good guns have been ruined with a Dremmel.

Look at the the magazine, the ammo, the shooter. One of these is your problem, not the feed ramp.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If you can get the Dremel soft felt polishing thingy with polishing rouge on it to remove a lot of material...you are really going after it.:p

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Q-Tips & Toothpaste

9. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

Brasso and Q-Tips works pretty good too.

That being said, it generally takes some pretty good horizontal grooves to cause feed problems.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  10. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Pinky through the ejection port with cloth & Mothers Mag (or Cicpup's suggested toothpaste).

11. Bigern

Bigern Member

Did mine with sandpaper.

Attached Files:

12. desertrider

desertrider Member

^^^ Yup, same here.

Use fine paper, not coarse. Don't go overboard, it isn't necessary, you just want to clean up any roughness.

I started with 400, then 600, and finished with 1200 grit. Maybe ten minutes of actual rubbing total?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The problem I was having turned out not to be related to the feed ramp, but smooth is better than rough in anything that rubs.

That's why the Brazilian is so popular.