How to reliably use 10 round 995 carbine mags in a C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by panoz77, Sep 9, 2014.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Here is a way to have the option to reliably use your 10 round 995 carbine mags in your C9. The 10 round carbine mags do lock in to a C9 but due to the excess length that is unsupported, they tend to have some wobble which can cause rounds to nose up resulting in failures. The simple solution is to make a magazine sleeve. I have used the sleeves that come with the Promag 995 15 round mags. Over the years through horse trading and such, I have managed to acquire two of the Promag sleeves. You just measure the gap and cut, then sand to fit. Result is a stable 10 round magazine that you can now swap between the 995 and C9, just remove the sleeve to use in the 995.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I use 995 mags in my C9, no problems. I don't use Pro Mags in anything. I think they are junk.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    They were, but the sleeves are perfectly good.
    The newer Promags may void the warranty....but they work for me, and they are the ONLY commercial alternative to OEM.;)

4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Mine work as well without the sleeve, however if you notice, there is slight front to back movement with the 995 mag in the C9, the sleeve keeps the mag body aligned and prevents the movement which can result in failures to feed.