Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a knurled section that is keeping me from taking off my front sight. Can I remove it? I’m in MA so does it have something to do with MA laws? Any help would be appreciated
Thx Wood Tints and shades Art Rectangle Pattern

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yhat is the protective cap for the threaded barrel.
Unless Massachusetts has gone full retard you should be able to twist it off counter clockwise.
You can replace it with muzzle brake or flash hider devices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, nothing surprises me about MA anymore. I'll try vice grips wrapped in something. I want to take a lot of the plasticy stuff off of the gun. I will need a barrel shroud, any suggestions?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks, nothing surprises me about MA anymore. I'll try vice grips wrapped in something. I want to take a lot of the plasticy stuff off of the gun. I will need a barrel shroud, any suggestions?
Did you buy it new or used as the box was marked with specific features and some states the thread protector may be pinned in place.
I can't speak about the plastic removal other than you'll need a hacksaw and sandpaper!
The Bullpup stock is the main option (plastic and uglier than original) and there is a few companies that make add on bits such as muzzle devices and charging handles, and aluminum rails.
If you look at High Points website you can see what they offer and even buy a new stock so if you want to experiment you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts