Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saved me over $100 for a BFG front sight! 8)

Don't you just love when a plan comes together, I'm sure this has been posted before but I just installed the High Point metal front sight on my Subby and can't be more pleased. I finally got the balls to cut off the factory plastic front sight, I eyeballed the HP sight for fit and it looked pretty close, so I just went for it. First, I knew I had to raise the front sight post so I extended the elevation notch in the HP sight about 1/8" give or take, basically as much as I was comfortable removing and leaving enough material left to not bend or break. I was pleased when I dry fitted with the factory in place to compare heights, because they were an exact match in height. Then manned up and removed the Sub factory sight. Next challenge was to enlarge the HP sight to fit over the burls on the Subby, what was also quite nice was that the HP set screws line up exactly with the raised burls on the Subby! I ground out, using a dremel with a couple sizes of grinding wheels and a sanding wheel when I was close, slowly grinding and fitting a bit at a time. Got it to a very tight fit so that I had to spin it up the burls to the desired position to catch the spring loaded locking nub that holds the subby folded. What was also amazing is that the HP front sight perfectly holds the subby closed by its design (see pics), the elevation screw hole locks the nub in the folded position (I plan to enlarge the elevation hole ever so slightly to allow a more positive lock)!! I am pumped beyond belief that this worked out so perfectly and cost NOTHING for me!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts