How to send 995 to mom

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by rbarna94, Apr 17, 2014.

1. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

I have a beat up 995 classic that I bought used and id like to know how to send to send it to mom. For one I don't even know how to ship a firearm and how much it costs also do I have to call mom first or just fill out the repair form and send it in? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

You can ship a long gun via USPS, just do not have the outside of the box marked anywhere that it is a gun. USPS priority mail is probably the cheapest. Probably cost around $15 or so.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I've never send anything in.
    We have a thread on it here but I can't find it right now as I'm on my phone.
    Print the form and mail it with the gun.
    You'll have it back in 2-3 weeks.
    You can even let them switch it over to a TS stock if you pay like $40.
    Somebody else more knowledgeable will chime in.

4. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Thanks for the info panoz

5. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Thanks for the info swaga

6. Shipped both mine USPS for under $16 each; biggest challenge was getting my mitts on a decent box. The TS upgrade was more like $60 for the factory techs to do it.

7. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

It cost me $10.37 to send each of my 3 different 995's. I would call MoM, and get the lowdown. USPS, was how I sent mine.

9. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

Partialy dissassemble it

I sent my 4095 back to MOM via USPS as gun parts no problem about 20.00 from NJ to Ohio. just take it apart not completely just remove the barrel assembly from the stock

10. panoz77

panoz77 Member

You don't have to take it apart and you can tell the clerk it is a long gun. It is perfectly legal to ship a long gun USPS.