·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an ak47 vs a 995 in a gun fight given the 995 had four ten rounders

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
As much as i dont like AK,s gonna have to go with it as the round has much better range. 250-500yards vs 50-150. assumeing of course that the AK is in good functioning condition......just my 2 cents

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
IMHO, you can't really compare the AK and the 955 as they are guns that have totally different purposes. A 995 is much better in close quarters as it's shorter, and it's peep sights allow for faster target acquisition. Not only this, but with the 9mm bullet, you're going to see significant loss in penetration at longer ranges. The AK is better suited for longer ranges with deeper penetration at those distances in an open environment where the iron sights can be used with better effectiveness.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
The guy with the better shot. Forget what kinda gun you have. Its worth crap if you cant use it. That's like says if a guy came to rob you with a .45 and you have your .22 on you. Well hes gonna get you cause of the gun he has.
Also what I cant stand is the whole AK vs AR which is designed better. Hello, once was designed in the 40s, and the other was in the 60s? I think? Dont feel like looking it up. Anywho. Yeah, which do you think is gonna be better design.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
ill take the AK over the AR any day of the week. reliability in the feild trumps pinpoint accuracy on the range IMHO.

and ill take my 22 in my pocket over my 45 in the safe.

SW

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
ill take the AK over the AR any day of the week. reliability in the feild trumps pinpoint accuracy on the range IMHO.
I keep my AR maintained, and I don't let it get dirty. For all intents and purposes, it's just as reliable as an AK to me. Sure, if I was on the run for weeks at a time, I'd probably take an AK (even though it pains me to say it), but now I get a reliable gun AND a tack-driver at the range.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
I keep my AR maintained, and I don't let it get dirty. For all intents and purposes, it's just as reliable as an AK to me. Sure, if I was on the run for weeks at a time, I'd probably take an AK (even though it pains me to say it), but now I get a reliable gun AND a tack-driver at the range.
i can do the same with an AK and spend virtually no time on maintenance. when youre in the field, less time keeping equipment up is more time for everything else. i spent weeks at a tiem in the feild with my old guard unit and keeping our rifles in proper condition ate up at least two or three hours per day. that was two or three hours less for sleep, personal PT, off time etc.

SW

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
i can do the same with an AK and spend virtually no time on maintenance. when youre in the field, less time keeping equipment up is more time for everything else. i spent weeks at a tiem in the feild with my old guard unit and keeping our rifles in proper condition ate up at least two or three hours per day. that was two or three hours less for sleep, personal PT, off time etc.

SW
Yes, but the AK isn't capable of the same accuracy as the AR, and the AR can be modded with different uppers to do just about anything. What I'm saying is, unless I'm out in the field for weeks at a time, my AR is better than an AK.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
If somebody wants to send me an AK and a 995 I will be more that happy to do all the testing.
I have both a 995 and an AK, what ideas did you have for a torture test? I might have time to do some range vids when I get home, before the move to Alaska....

·
Registered
317 Posts
A dirt test would be a good one. Leave both guns in a sand pile for a couple of days exposed to the elements and see if the 995 performs as well as the AK.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Honestly, I don't think I'd do that to any of my guns regardless if they are made to take it or not.... I'll think about it for sure.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
i wouldnt do that lol... then ya gotta send it in to the factory for an inspection and clean it and all that mumbo jumbo...

you KNOW its going to work cause it's a hi point ;), no sense in actually doing it lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts