Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 75 y/o goat , retired in SC(from upstate NY) who has taken up shooting and gun buying in a big way. Have bought 22 pistols this year, and trade back the ones I don't favor for noobs.
Right now,I have four, CZ Shadow 2 ( great target pistol), a Beretta 92X Compact, (another real good one), then it goes downhill, a Walther PPQ in 22LR that I use for most of my practice
shooting, and a new SCCY, which may be departing soon, because it's so snappy.
Go to an indoor range twice a week, along with six other old goats, we probably yak more than we shoot.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Yup, the SCCY can feel very snappy at first. (So will a Hi-Point C9 at first since it's direct blow back.) As others have pointed out, a grip sleeve will help a bit.

As you consider future pistol purchases, the heavier the gun, the less the felt recoil will be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard!
Yup, the SCCY can feel very snappy at first. (So will a Hi-Point C9 at first since it's direct blow back.) As others have pointed out, a grip sleeve will help a bit.

As you consider future pistol purchases, the heavier the gun, the less the felt recoil will be.
Adam- that's why one of my pistols is a CZ Shadow 2.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Yes, I have an ATI 1911 chambered in .22LR. Its like driving a big ol' Coupe DeVille. Smooooth riding.

·
Premium Member
35,668 Posts
Adam- that's why one of my pistols is a CZ Shadow 2.
If I was going to pay MSRP for a pistol, it would be a CZ, either the P09 or the Shadow.

I have the old metal 75D Compact. Love the way the grips fit my hands.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
If I was going to pay MSRP for a pistol, it would be a CZ, either the P09 or the Shadow.
I'm still totally in love with Browning High Powers. They fit my hand perfectly and are very comfortable to shoot. Of course, they're no loner in production...:(

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,952 Posts
I'm a 75 y/o goat , retired in SC(from upstate NY) who has taken up shooting and gun buying in a big way. Have bought 22 pistols this year, and trade back the ones I don't favor for noobs.
Right now,I have four, CZ Shadow 2 ( great target pistol), a Beretta 92X Compact, (another real good one), then it goes downhill, a Walther PPQ in 22LR that I use for most of my practice
shooting, and a new SCCY, which may be departing soon, because it's so snappy.
Go to an indoor range twice a week, along with six other old goats, we probably yak more than we shoot.
Welcome to the nuthouse!!

CZ's are incredible firearms imo. Sig is another winner along with H&K. I think all of us have some "lesser" pistols we absolutely love to shoot also. Like I have a C9 and a Taurus 24/7 C - Gen 1 in 40s&w.

The Taurus is just one of those pistols that fit my hand perfectly and I love shooting it, just don't drop it :p

Anyway I am rambling, enjoy your time here!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem I have is that a lot of the guys at my range are real "snobs" as far as triggers, sights, and brands. For them, it better be a CZ Tangfio, Sig, Walther or a HK. Don't show off any KT's, Taurus, Hi-Points, or SCCY's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Problem I have is that a lot of the guys at my range are real "snobs" as far as triggers, sights, and brands. For them, it better be a CZ Tangfio, Sig, Walther or a HK. Don't show off any KT's, Taurus, Hi-Points, or SCCY's.
They are always "snobs" till I grab my backpack and unfold a rifle from it and it's a KT Sub2K. Then everyone wants to watch or talk about it and hear what you think lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts