Howdy from Tulsa OK

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by OkSlim, Feb 18, 2016.

1. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Wanted to introduce myself.

I ama gun and truck/car guy.

I used to have an old Hi-Point and I loaned it to my brother. When he died his wife wouldn't give it back.

Anyway, I am mainly a 1911 guy but I love everything .45ACP.

I stumbled across the 45 at Sportsmans Guide for $136.00 with free shipping.

Ordered it and have had a ball with it.

Already outshot a couple of my buddies.

Of course as with everything else I can't let things stay stock.

Bought some Hydro Dipped Grips Boa Constrictor and the Hi-point laser.

My buddies make fun of me and call it Franken Gun.

[​IMG]

Went ahead and bought the 45 Carbine as well.

Anyway, Glad to be on a forum where you don't get hated on because you shoot something besides a Les Baer, Wilson Combat or Kimber.

OH and one more thing, I saw a target on here somewhere that shows what you are doing wrong when you hit certain parts of the target.

Can't find it now. Anyone have a link to it

Thanks

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the great southwest! I have relatives in Tulsa.
    I haven't seen that target on this forum, but I am sure someone will come up with it. Gotta love the 4595ts! Fun fun fun !!!

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Welcome, it is always good to have another member who understands the 45 is king. I have a JHP and a 4595 and love them.

4. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Greeting from Colorado, and welcome. Funny you should mention the grips. The one thing I had against my Hi-Point pistols were that the grips were a little slick. I bought a set for me (all black of course), and a set for my wife's 380 (red) and they just changed the feel completely for the good. Well worth the investment.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Welcome to the group!:)

And here ya go!

[​IMG]

6. Welcome. Ever go to the Wanamaker show? I would love too.

7. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

Welcome from the Show Me state. Like the 45!

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Here's another one:

[​IMG]

And I think these guys are overthinking it a bit much...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  9. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Welcome from Las Vegas! I was an Okie for about 10 years - lived in Mannford, so am well acquainted with Tulsa! Miss the beautiful, green rolling hills, and oak trees everywhere. And miss the lakes.

10. Gainestruk

Gainestruk Mike Member

Welcome !
    I live in Meeker, OK. And have a C9, you will like it here lots of good info and friendly people :)

11. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Been many times. It isn't what it used to be. Prices are high.

I am of the belief that if you know how many guns you own, you don't have enough.

My wife disagrees with me on that one.

12. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Trees Like This?

[​IMG]

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  14. undeRGRound

INDY
    This group might not be specific enough ;)

[​IMG]

15. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

My daughters played competitive softball. They were a 5A school.

Meeker which I think was 2A at the time would show up at the school tournaments and kick everyone's butt.

That was 10 years ago so I don't know anymore.

16. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Picked up my carbine yesterday. I had spec work to do for my job so I didn't get to do much but look it over.

Got up at 3 am this morning, went over everything and I put the flash suppressor on. Added the dual mags to the butt stock.

Put the truglo red /green sight on. That's all I had time to do because I have a big day at work.

Just looking through the sights, it looks like I picked the right truglo so it will cowitness.

i have a couple of flashlights out in my shop. Can't remember if they are weaver mount or picatinny. Not for sure I want to put a flashlight on anyway. I bought an ebay foregrip and really don't like it.

May spend the money and buy a bipod that also acts as a foregrip and bipod. Don't know.

It's raining so I don't know if I will go out and shoot it when I get home or completely tear it apart to see how everything fits.

I really don't like how they made the sling for left hand mount.

Probably try to figure out if I can make some kind of single point sling

17. undeRGRound

INDY
  18. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

I bought a tac star or some brand off ebay. Lots of wobble. I wound up going to hi-point and getting the real deal. Less wobble.

Monday will be 4 or 5 weeks and I still haven't shot the carbine. Can't believe it.

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Sara's Mom said she stuck a washer in hers and got rid of the factory installed wobble :)