HP 40 and 45

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by cobraman, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Hey guys. maybe this has been asked before but I was wondering if I am correct that the 40 and the 45 pistols are not available in a comp configaration ? If so, why might this be ? Also, why does the magazine have to have that extra length at the bottom ? Is it to allow more cartridges in the mag. ? Thanks

2. The website http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns/40sw/hi_point_40sw.html shows it with a 10 shot mag standard. That would be why there's extra length. Even the .380 and 9 mags are longer on the 10 shot magazines.

3. The JCP40 and JHP45 pistols already have the spot to put a laser on, which is the main advantage of the C9 Comp over the C9 IMO

4. Makes sense. Thanks for reply

5. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

Now why didn't Hi-Point make a doublestack and get rid of the ugly magazine buttpad.

6. I would like a 8 round mag with out the booty!! The JCP 40 is hard enough to conceal with out the huge mag! Do they offer a 8rd mag?

7. biganimal

biganimal Guest

I don't know about you guys but I need that little extra that the mag extension gives as my hands are quite large.