Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received my 4595ts, and i am wondering what would be a decent inexpensive scope for it?
I've look threw amazon to find a lot of off brand name china made scopes, and know those wont last.

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
You might be surprised at how much name brand glass comes from Asia...

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
The Sig Romeo series is a great option. Check PSA for their daily deals, which tend to last for more than a day. I got a nice Sig Romeo 2 for $69.99 from them. Even if you don't get a daily deal optic, they don't run too much over $100 for many of their models.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
I've actually use quite a few $40 - 60 scopes from Optics Plaanet. Not Leupolds, but they work well for me. Strait 4X should be ideal for a .45 carbine

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
Bushnell, Redfield, Nikko Sterling, CenterPoint, UUQ, Vortex... That's what I run on my rifles.

@histed I really like that UUQ Prism 4x32 I recently picked up with all the extra crap on it. I've got that mounted on my AK.

Reactions: Rerun and histed

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
I know a lot of our stuff in the us does...
But.... I hate buying something( some brand name) u never herd of
Nothing is an unknown with the internet. You can stick to the basics though. Bushnell is always a decent buy. Several of us have centerpoint scopes. I got mine from wally world. UUQ Optics is based near me in Colorado but their parts come out of China. Good reviews, good scores on fakespot which busts companies for posting fake reviews on Amazon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
Looking at the ...

Wondering what scope rings i mite need for this if i did decide to buy it?
Like to possibly keep original sights on the gun if possible...?
It comes with rings, and unless you plan on buying some really super tall see through rail risers, you can't keep the factory irons.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Looking at the ...

Wondering what scope rings i mite need for this if i did decide to buy it?
Like to possibly keep original sights on the gun if possible...?
For my 40TS, I needed to use "extra-tall" scope rings for the KonusPRO 1.5-5x32 (1" scope tube). It was due to where the scope needed to be mounted it required clearing the rail clamp to get proper eye relief..

If the scope comes with rings, they might or might not work, depending on scope height need for your eye alignment along with other gun factors. As I said mine didn't work with medium height rings due to needing to clear the front rail clamp the carbines use. This was for MY USE/NEED and scope used. Just don't get what is called "dove tail" or 11mm rings. These are made for air guns and some 22's that require the claw style mounts to receiver. .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i finally shot the 4595 today an i have to say them stock sights have to go...
My pellot gun has better sights.

Looking at the sights on rear it looks like only 2 allen screws hold it on???
There's a smaller one in the front that looks like it helps hold the rain on.
Guessing that one needs to go back in.
Can someone tell me if That's right..??

Looks like the front sight comes off by loosening those allen screws n just slide it off....???

I'm going to look into maybe a reflex sight for this gun.....
Or a low power scope....

·
Resident PITA
16,314 Posts
Looking at the sights on rear it looks like only 2 allen screws hold it on???
There's a smaller one in the front that looks like it helps hold the rain on.
Guessing that one needs to go back in.
Can someone tell me if That's right..??

Looks like the front sight comes off by loosening those allen screws n just slide it off....???
Remove the shroud and look underneath. All will be revealed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the sights off with no problems.
Just the 3 allen screws and the sight adjustment screw.
Front was 2 allen screws and the barrel thread cover n slid right off....
Did tighten all allen screws holding plastic on... All were loose...
Gun itself shot 100% great....
Sights.... Well those are 200% garbage.
Looking down the gun with no sights im guessing id need at least medium height rings??
Only thing i have to possibly clear is that clamp thingy on the front of the rail.
Would i be somewhere near right on that?

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
I got the sights off with no problems.
Just the 3 allen screws and the sight adjustment screw.
Front was 2 allen screws and the barrel thread cover n slid right off....
Did tighten all allen screws holding plastic on... All were loose...
Gun itself shot 100% great....
Sights.... Well those are 200% garbage.
Looking down the gun with no sights im guessing id need at least medium height rings??
Only thing i have to possibly clear is that clamp thingy on the front of the rail.
Would i be somewhere near right on that?
Depends on how you want your cheek weld. I tend to run high rings. Look at the height of the rings that come with whatever optic you go with and the diameter of the objective. If you go with a larger objective, then a taller a set rings will be required to get the bell to clear. That can also throw your cheek weld off. The factory irons aren't all that bad, honestly. You just need to get used to a peep and hooded FSP and pick your preferred sight picture. I rock a 6 o'clock hold because as I shoot to further distances it becomes a combat hold. Half the time the front posts are canted because they get banged around during shipping and they need to be recentered.

• Helpful

·
Premium Member
22,318 Posts
I like the peep sights. Loctite is a must for the front one! All 3 screws. I like the look of the front sight. Before people knew about the HP carbines they thought it was a comblock carbine.

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
I just cant stand those peeps....
I'll remember that idea with a larger diameter lens.... Taller rings... 👍👍
That's the beauty of it being your firearm. Doesn't matter what we like on ours, it's your pig to dress for prom because you're the only one taking her home at the end of the night...

Reactions: 7000al and Rerun
1 - 20 of 91 Posts