Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

HP 4595ts

7K views 139 replies 15 participants last post by  cicpup 
#1 ·
I've just received my 4595ts, and i am wondering what would be a decent inexpensive scope for it?
I've look threw amazon to find a lot of off brand name china made scopes, and know those wont last.

#4 ·
I've actually use quite a few $40 - 60 scopes from Optics Plaanet. Not Leupolds, but they work well for me. Strait 4X should be ideal for a .45 carbine

Reactions: Hipointer and Rerun
#7 ·
Nothing is an unknown with the internet. You can stick to the basics though. Bushnell is always a decent buy. Several of us have centerpoint scopes. I got mine from wally world. UUQ Optics is based near me in Colorado but their parts come out of China. Good reviews, good scores on fakespot which busts companies for posting fake reviews on Amazon.

#9 ·
It comes with rings, and unless you plan on buying some really super tall see through rail risers, you can't keep the factory irons.

Reactions: Rerun
#11 ·
Well i finally shot the 4595 today an i have to say them stock sights have to go...
My pellot gun has better sights.

Looking at the sights on rear it looks like only 2 allen screws hold it on???
There's a smaller one in the front that looks like it helps hold the rain on.
Guessing that one needs to go back in.
Can someone tell me if That's right..??

Looks like the front sight comes off by loosening those allen screws n just slide it off....???

I'm going to look into maybe a reflex sight for this gun.....
Or a low power scope....

#12 ·
Looking at the sights on rear it looks like only 2 allen screws hold it on???
There's a smaller one in the front that looks like it helps hold the rain on.
Guessing that one needs to go back in.
Can someone tell me if That's right..??

Looks like the front sight comes off by loosening those allen screws n just slide it off....???
Remove the shroud and look underneath. All will be revealed.

#13 ·
I got the sights off with no problems.
Just the 3 allen screws and the sight adjustment screw.
Front was 2 allen screws and the barrel thread cover n slid right off....
Did tighten all allen screws holding plastic on... All were loose...
Gun itself shot 100% great....
Sights.... Well those are 200% garbage.
Looking down the gun with no sights im guessing id need at least medium height rings??
Only thing i have to possibly clear is that clamp thingy on the front of the rail.
Would i be somewhere near right on that?

#14 · (Edited)
Depends on how you want your cheek weld. I tend to run high rings. Look at the height of the rings that come with whatever optic you go with and the diameter of the objective. If you go with a larger objective, then a taller a set rings will be required to get the bell to clear. That can also throw your cheek weld off. The factory irons aren't all that bad, honestly. You just need to get used to a peep and hooded FSP and pick your preferred sight picture. I rock a 6 o'clock hold because as I shoot to further distances it becomes a combat hold. Half the time the front posts are canted because they get banged around during shipping and they need to be recentered.

• Helpful
#15 ·
I like the peep sights. Loctite is a must for the front one! All 3 screws. I like the look of the front sight. Before people knew about the HP carbines they thought it was a comblock carbine.

#17 ·
That's the beauty of it being your firearm. Doesn't matter what we like on ours, it's your pig to dress for prom because you're the only one taking her home at the end of the night...

Reactions: 7000al and Rerun
#23 ·
Finally got the scope mounted....
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

Then took it to a local pit n fired off some rounds at 20 yards....
Tableware Dishware Recipe Serveware Ingredient

Well i didn't think it did to bad right out of the box.
There was a few flyers way off, but i was using ammo from Freedom Munitions and ive had a bad time with their ammo .
Sometimes even no powder and having to carry a metal rod to pound the leads back out of the barrel with it on my Glock 21.
Tableware Dishware Saucer Cup Serveware

Now at 50 yards aprx....
With flyers.... 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Dont!!!! Buy ammo from Freedom Munitions.... Less u want to carry a steel rod n hammer..... 🤪🤪🤪

#26 ·
You'll find that American Eagle is decent ammo. If you can also find PPU, it tends to be just a tic hotter and is also reliable, from what I've shot of it in pistol and rifle ammo.

You'll find fliers in every shelf ammo out there. It's due to some charges being off by a grain or two, just so-n-so powder being used by manufacturers and the bullet weights aren't weighed for precision between each one. Unless you opt for "match ammo" and Hi-Points aren't what you'd call a match gun, but they will hold their ground quite well at a range if laughed at from fellow shooters who don't think they'll shoot as well as they do. We're not all snipers like we think we should be. Some of us are just hillbilly hunters that bring home the meat every now and then and not trying to save the world, at least for the moment.

#25 ·
I agree with the rod and hammer being a pain, but that aside, you're "minute of bad guy" even at 50 yards. I'd be OK with that

Reactions: HillBilly69
#27 ·
Ur right there...
My nickname is....
HillBilly..... Lol....
I'm going shooting again today along with a bit of fishing so i can do a bit more tuning of this scope.
Going to shoot off the hood of the suv this time with a dicky suit folded up so not to make scratches.
Going to use the Federal ammo to tune with, and then just shoot off 8 clips of the junk.
Hopefully i wont need to pound lead out of my barrel today using it.
Or have a week load n lodge one in the barrel, n have a second fire n blow the barrel.... 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

#28 ·
Yesterdays 45 yard shooting a bit faster... 😱😱
One shot every aprx 2 seconds...
Using the Federal 230 grain american eagle ammo.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Public space Gas

I'll be adjusting the scope to shoot just a bit higher next time out.
Then checking at 25 yards, and possibly 75 yards.
I realize these carbines are a close range gun.

#69 ·
Yesterdays 45 yard shooting a bit faster... 😱😱
One shot every aprx 2 seconds...
Using the Federal 230 grain american eagle ammo. View attachment 76603

I'll be adjusting the scope to shoot just a bit higher next time out.
Then checking at 25 yards, and possibly 75 yards.
I realize these carbines are a close range gun.
This is out of my old model 995 at 50 yds with the original ghost ring sights that came with the gun. Of course it was shot off a rest.

Attachments

#29 ·
That's actually not bad for a 45ACP. If you slow down just a tad more, I'm sure you'll get even better results. Get the windage knob adjusted where you want, then concentrate on how high you want the bullets to strike from that distance over the bullseye. From there on out you do Kentucky windage and scope hash mark or between hash mark elevations. For a 45, I'd keep it at a max of 120yds to still get some good knock-down power from that big thumper of lead at the speed it goes at..

#36 ·
Funny that Blazer brass is now getting some bad reviews for dependability. It used to be WWB for being crap ammo to use, which it was a bit under-powered. I haven't had any problems with any brand so far in my guns or rifles, but I have a good stock pile built up for all my calibers and haven't bought any new ammos in over 2yrs. Of course, I've cut my shooting down to almost nothing, but a quick hunt here and there or a product test over those same years.

Maybe the production factory(s) changed their powder manufacturer due to the ammo shortage and covid shutdowns, and everybody is just trying to get their hands on anything that will work, even if it is mediocre to keep their ammunition doors open for production.

Maybe we can convince the 3-letter agencies that they need to sell some of their stock, since they only use their ammo for shooting dogs and honest law abiding gun owners.

#38 ·
Funny that Blazer brass is now getting some bad reviews for dependability.
Several years ago a newbie shooter was having problems with it in his new M&P 9. I think it was the Blazer. It went back to the factory once or twice. I never got together with him after work to check it out.

My JHP new used to gobble up WWB without a hitch.

#40 ·
Well i've been lucky so far with the Freedom ammo....
Ran around 400 rounds threw the 4595 with no big trouble..... (Haven't yet had to pound lead out of my barrel), but u can tell a lot of the loads are under powered..... Flyers and weak kicks.
The Federal shoot good, and group good.
Shot about 100 rounds of that.
The 4595 has shot great even tho i haven' t cleaned it yet.
Hell..... It doesnt even seen to look dirty.
Another 500 rounds n ill see what kind of job it is to get the action out of it n spray it down with oil n lit it drip n dry.
I'm going to have to say im happy with the gun so far..... 👍👍

#42 ·
Finally took the 4595 apart for a quick cleaning.
Not much to it, and now i see why they are cheap to buy.
Very simple gun....
But.... It seems to run great... 👍👍
Im hoping the scope is still on, and im guessing it will be.... 🥸🥸
I'll know when i get a chance to go shoot.
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

#43 ·
Keep in mind that every time you remove the shroud the zero will be different to some degree. It's no different than with the QD mount optics on any other rifle. It SHOULD always be close enough, unless you bumped it, but never exactly the same POA to POI. Just a little FYI.

Reactions: HillBilly69
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.