Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 995ts that I picked up this week. They are brand new and sequentially numbered so I suspect they were manufactured one after the other. When I put a mag in the well, I cannot push the mag release without having to push the adjustment tool in. Once I do that, the mag pops out as expected. The little metal button is recessed and I can't push it in with a finger. Both carbines are the same. I expected the larger button around the small metal pin to move but it is firm and stationary. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Sounds like they have bullet buttons. Are you in Cali?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Can you guys post a pic of this bullet button? I have made an oversized magazine release button that I think, think may replace this bullet button. However I'm not familiar with them. I currently have 11 samples out to people at this time. Other than an issue with what I think is a production modification on Hi-Points end. The feed back I'm getting is very positive. One of the individuals who is waiting to recieve his button, bought his 995TS in december and lives in california. In talking with him last night he mentioned the LGS told him he needed a tool to drop the magazine. ( I'm confussed ) Admittedly I know nothing of CA regs. I live in Wisconsin Red necked and proud. If anyone familiar with this bullet button could look at my button and let me know if it will replace this bullet button. I would appreciate the feedback / information.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yup, that is a bullet button all right. I have one on my 995TS just like it. You must have one on you 995TS for it to be legal in CA. I put the Thordsen floor plate mag release tools on my magazines. I like them, but, I also keep a Hi-Point tool in my folding just in case.

·
the Great
1,014 Posts
Can you guys post a pic of this bullet button? I have made an oversized magazine release button that I think, think may replace this bullet button. However I'm not familiar with them. I currently have 11 samples out to people at this time. Other than an issue with what I think is a production modification on Hi-Points end. The feed back I'm getting is very positive. One of the individuals who is waiting to recieve his button, bought his 995TS in december and lives in california. In talking with him last night he mentioned the LGS told him he needed a tool to drop the magazine. ( I'm confussed ) Admittedly I know nothing of CA regs. I live in Wisconsin Red necked and proud. If anyone familiar with this bullet button could look at my button and let me know if it will replace this bullet button. I would appreciate the feedback / information.
the bullet button is required in CA for semiautos that have "military" features like pistol grips. Your button, while super awesome, is not something that anyone in CA can use, because it requires no tool to operate.

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
Is there a mod kit to get rid of this stupid bullet button? I'm in Texas where we don't have such stupid regs.
How did you get a California specific gun in Texas?

If they didn't enlarge the hole to install it, then you can call the factory and they will send you a mag release that you can put in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts