Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This H&K looks kinda like a HP. Could this be where their ancestry lies? Need DNA samples to confirm :embarrassed2: I think it was one of the first PA-LAS-TIC pistols to be made.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Those are nice pistols that were ahead of their time. People were not ready for a polymer frame pistol but Glock changed all that years later.

I think the Hi-Point is a direct descendant of the Raven pistol.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Those are nice pistols that were ahead of their time. People were not ready for a polymer frame pistol but Glock changed all that years later.

I think the Hi-Point is a direct descendant of the Raven pistol.
no it isnt. raven was a different company, with a differently designed product.

hi point started out as allard firearms making inexpensive metal framed 9mm and 45 cal pistols. they became hi point in the early 90s and developed our beloved 995 and 4095 carbines and the current generation of polymer framed pistols during the AWB.

SW

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Sorry but you're wrong. The Hi-Point (formerly Stallard) has way more in common with the Raven design than the H&K. Remember the Hi-Points started out with an alloy frame.

Maybe we should take a poll and see what everyone else thinks.

As much as I like the Hi-Point, I think it is inaccurate to say the least to say the Hi-Point is a descendant of the H&K.

Everybody knows that most SNS's (I include Hi-Point in that category) evolved from the Raven design.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Sorry but you're wrong. The Hi-Point (formerly Stallard) has way more in common with the Raven design than the H&K. Remember the Hi-Points started out with an alloy frame.

Maybe we should take a poll and see what everyone else thinks.

As much as I like the Hi-Point, I think it is inaccurate to say the least to say the Hi-Point is a descendant of the H&K.

Everybody knows that most SNS's (I include Hi-Point in that category) evolved from the Raven design.
actually they ALL share striker fired design. difference being in the deisgn of how that sear is controlled. there is no patent control for the design that raven, hi point, jennings etc use. raven was started in teh 70s after the 68 GCA stopped importation of cheap pocket pistols from overseas. the difference is the raven uses a direct trigger control bar to release the sear whereas hi point incorporates a magazine safety and drop safety into the mechanism.

the first striker fired pistol (to my knowledge and research) was the liberator. the design existed before that but only in experimental forms. so in essence all teh SNS pistols (and i DONT include hi point in with BTW) are rip offs of an earlier design. the difference is in teh details.

and the VP-70 is a striker fired weapon as well, but it has more in relation with a glock than a HP.

SW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.