Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
345 Posts
I carry mine. But, then again, I'm 6'1", 240 lbs. The C9, as you already know, is not a small pistol. In the summer time, here in Houston, it gets well over 100 degrees. In that heat, no, I usually carry my Glock 27 in a pocket holster. But, in all other weather, I carry my C9. If concealment is an issue, and you don't wear a suit, try a 5.11 tactical vest. I use that quite frequently. They're not expensive, and they have lots of handy pockets for extra magazines, small first-aid kit, etc. I'm thinking about ccw'ing a JHP that I intend to buy. Fobus makes great holsters for both models, it just depends on your comfort level and ability to conceal them. I think most people here, to answer your question directly, are looking to go smaller and lighter than a C9 or above. Even a co-worker that's bigger than me ccw's a .22 so he can wear shorts without a belt.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
I believe your confusion lies in the fact the first pictures were taken in the mirror. You'll notice that the safety is not visible, so you are actually viewing the right side of the gun. Plus, Fobus doesn't make a LH holster for the Hi-Point.
He's right. I'll take some of my 5.11 tactical vest and post those as well. This time without the glamour shot, lol. :D

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Here's the 5.11 Tactical Vest:

Before:

With vest:

I love this vest. It has room for EVERYTHING. Great concealability for everything up to a freakin' machete, and it makes monster guns just disappear. No one outside of gun fanatics recognize it for what it is, but it can be a full out tac vest for when the zombies come alive and roam the earth. 4 thumbs up!

Here's the TommyPack:

Sorry about the blurriness; something about the mirror. Maybe I need to clean it, lol. This is awesome for really hot Houston weather when the vest (and most clothing) is just too hot. I know some guys don't like a "man purse", but I've got to tell you, it really spoils you to have everything right in your lap. Down side? In a snatch scenario, the bad guy will probably try to grab this, and it's what holds your gun. Upside? Spacious, wayyyyy comfortable, and rips open with the snap of a buckle to access your gun. Since it's on your front, you can create space with your hands and then access it. Highly recommended.

The interior front pocket has oodles of room for spare mags, zombie repellent, etc.:

and the gun pocket with plenty of room for a C9!:

I don't want to hijack Markin's thread, but since some of you guys are meatheads, here's the home gym, too:

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Yeah, if you check the website, you'll find that the interior lower pockets have a heavy duty hook and loop material that accept optional mag pouches, holster, cuff case, etc., etc. Way cool and useful.

Hey, 200 post mark! Woo-hoo!

· Premium Member
345 Posts
I eat for two, but don't bulk even though I've tried.
Guess I'm the quiet, lanky, dangerous type.
Don't do anything but squats, presses and curls. That's a pure hardgainer routine. Eat lots of good food, drink plenty of milk, and lay on that routine; trust me, you'll gain like a baby elephant.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Guys, I just got this in my e-mail this a.m.:

Hello again from Kickin' A Packs 'N Stuff! I have been thinking of ways to save all my loyal customers a little bit of 'MONEY'. After spending a lot of time, racking my brain. I have decided to just go back to the basics. The best response we ever received on any sale, was to let you decide what should be on sale. So were just going to do it again. For 'ONE DAY ONLY' This Saturday we will give you 60% off everything we have to offer. If you place your order this Saturday, and enter 'SAVE MONEY' in the coupon box, just before check out. You will receive 60% OFF everything you order. If you order $100.00 or more, I will ship it to you for FREE!!! And remember, if you buy anything from Kickin' A Packs 'N Stuff that you are not completely satisfied with. We will be more than happy to take it back, and give you a complete refund. Make sure you tell your friends about our fantastic 'ONE DAY SALE'. Lets get everyone on board. Thanks again for being our loyal customers, and have a great day! [email protected]

This is where I got the fannypack you see in the above post, and where I got my thigh holster. They make good stuff, and it's 60% off with the coupon code above.

Here's something for you skinny guys for ccw:

http://www.tommysgunpack.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=6

Take a look around; 60% off of good stuff for ccw is way cool.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
BTW, I think the sale was extended, and they now have a 60% off at the checkout! If you want to ccw your C9, here's your chance. My co-worker just ordered two of them after seeing mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.