Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I carried mine small of back a few times but it was very uncomfy due to its size and my back probs. IWB is not an option for me @ 5'9" and 270lbs. SO I open carry alot. Thank you Tennessee. I will most likely ccw a wheel gun when I get either a Rossi (which is nearly the same as a taurus considering they own Rossi), or I will carry a Ruger.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Srben said:
Here's the 5.11 Tactical Vest:

Before:

With vest:

I love this vest. It has room for EVERYTHING. Great concealability for everything up to a freakin' machete, and it makes monster guns just disappear. No one outside of gun fanatics recognize it for what it is, but it can be a full out tac vest for when the zombies come alive and roam the earth. 4 thumbs up!

Cool... . Does the vest have any "built in" spots to carry?

I don't want to hijack Markin's thread, but since some of you guys are meatheads, here's the home gym, too:

Eh, it's not a hi-jack. Nice home gym. Wish I had the room... I'm sick of Golds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here's the 5.11 Tactical Vest:

Before:

With vest:

I love this vest. It has room for EVERYTHING. Great concealability for everything up to a freakin' machete, and it makes monster guns just disappear. No one outside of gun fanatics recognize it for what it is, but it can be a full out tac vest for when the zombies come alive and roam the earth. 4 thumbs up!
Cool... . Does the vest have any "built in" spots to carry?

I don't want to hijack Markin's thread, but since some of you guys are meatheads, here's the home gym, too:

Eh, it's not a hi-jack. Nice home gym. Wish I had the room... I'm sick of Golds.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Yeah, if you check the website, you'll find that the interior lower pockets have a heavy duty hook and loop material that accept optional mag pouches, holster, cuff case, etc., etc. Way cool and useful.

Hey, 200 post mark! Woo-hoo!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah, if you check the website, you'll find that the interior lower pockets have a heavy duty hook and loop material that accept optional mag pouches, holster, cuff case, etc., etc. Way cool and useful.

Hey, 200 post mark! Woo-hoo!
I checked it out... I may just have to add that to my Santa list for Christmas! Thanks!

· Registered
615 Posts
Hey, I'm a meathead too.
I like steak, hamburger, etc. :D
I'm just able to hide it better than a pistol.
Hard to put that in a "hollow leg" as the wife puts it.
I eat for two, but don't bulk even though I've tried.
Guess I'm the quiet, lanky, dangerous type. :roll:

Vest looks good Srben.
I might be able to do something there in your size.
Yeah right, like draw attention to myself for oversized baggy clothing that could be hiding something. :?
Yours looks good too Mike.
Hell, if can't kick their arse, I'll kick their gun, then their face, and smash the throat (before they pull and fire that is)

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Guess I'm the quiet, lanky, dangerous type.
Don't do anything but squats, presses and curls. That's a pure hardgainer routine. Eat lots of good food, drink plenty of milk, and lay on that routine; trust me, you'll gain like a baby elephant.

· Registered
615 Posts
Guess I'm the quiet, lanky, dangerous type.
Don't do anything but squats, presses and curls. That's a pure hardgainer routine. Eat lots of good food, drink plenty of milk, and lay on that routine; trust me, you'll gain like a baby elephant.
Milk and I have an issue. Bad enough that I don't/won't drink it.
Intolerant.
Used to lift like a mad man, and eat like a horse smartly, when younger.
Amount of protein, carbs, etc. made no diff.
Got noticebly stronger, but not bigger.
Got cut, but not bigger cuts.
Got frustrated and gave up basically.
Doc said my metabolism was almost on the scale of a bird, literally.

I could carry concealed under a medium untucked t-shirt inside the waist, but that's about it for anything larger than a pocket carry.

· Registered
37 Posts
IMO the C9 is a bit too large to comfortably conceal in weather that routinely reaches the 100s

The C9 was always my HD gun but has since been sold.

I carry a KelTec P11 conversion because it is tiny fits in my pocket and shoots a stronger round than the c9.

If texas had open carry would I prolly have slung the C9 on my hip when im out riding my dirtbike on the trails though.
Ok I am a noob so , what do you mean the KelTec P11 shots a stronger round than the c9...arent they both 9mm?
I too would love to carry my C9 (I also have a Bersa 380) but the size is a problem although in Utah we get a pretty long winter.
The KelTec P11 looks small and interesting as a summer alternative but the stronget round comment really made me curious.
Regards

· Registered
4,559 Posts
Lol. Here's a cc shot:

Anyway, enough shameless self-promotion, back to our thread...
Damn. You're the kind of guy I just dread when they pour themselves into my cab drunk and I KNOW I'm going to have to tussle with them :shock:

Anyways...

As far as conceal carry, I sewed a cheap nylon holster into every one of my messenger bags, considering I drive a motorbike 95% of the time and I also use the same bag for my "work bag" when I'm driving a cab (it sits in the console next to me). And when I'm working at the theater, I never go ANYWHERE without a laptop, so my C9 is with me as well.

And the reason I stick with the bag option instead of an on body option is because I'm 6' and only 140lbs. As anyone who has seen me in person can attest: I'm a very skinny guy so I have to be careful where I put things.

· Registered
2,016 Posts
I use this holster with one modification. A sweat proof pad extension that keeps the gun from digging in when I bend. I made the pad out part orf an old Uncle Mikes IWB holster.

This baby is Tuckable and comfortable and amazingly it conceals well you just need pants one size larger than normal! The mag Holster is an old Buck Skinning knife case that I had laying around.

Sorry so long lots of pictures!!

The holster came form here.. www.activeprogear.com

They have all kinds of nice holsters and if you call them they will help you find the one that fits your firearm based on dimensions if it is not listed!

· Banned
4,082 Posts
OK time for me to chime in I'm 5'8" 300 lbs I tried my C9 with the Fobusand had a shirt over it i was perfectly concealed and no one in the house knew I was careing till I pointed it out :wink:

If you carry it right, You can carry the C9

G

·
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Snappies Sports Center here in Kalispell, Mt has them on sale right now for $119.00 OTD

(406) 257-7526
1400 Old Hwy 2 E
Kalispell, MT 59901

· Registered
4,559 Posts
Snappies Sports Center here in Kalispell, Mt has them on sale right now for $119.00 OTD

(406) 257-7526
1400 Old Hwy 2 E
Kalispell, MT 59901
Damn you midwest people and cheap prices!!!!!

A C9 is $160 at the best shop. Many in Phoenix charge $200 for them! Been thinking about getting ANOTHER C9 when I finally get back on my feet. Something about dual pistols at the range....

Cheesy I know, but still.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.