HP Carbine Brass Catcher

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by boicecf, Nov 7, 2014.

1. boicecf

boicecf Member

Have any of you HP shooters created a brass catcher for a 995TS carbine???

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014

3. boicecf

boicecf Member

4. I have the Caldwell.
    It works pretty good for a couple of magazines.
    The weight of the brass will make it move and cause brass to bounce back into the receiver.
    Empty it often.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hey look! Same as the one I linked to, and $1 cheaper...but mine was free shipping.;)

6. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

I just take da ol lady out dar and tell her she is da brass picker upper. :D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

8. What?

What? Huh? Member

AZ
    Thanks for the link fellas. Looking forward to save some time from picking up casing.

9. boicecf

boicecf Member

Thanks for the input, my UTG Deluxe Mesh Trap Shell Catcher arrives tomorrow from Amazon!! Will provide a review of this devise on my 995TS when I can get to the range and try it out!! The folks at the bench to my immediate right will appreciate not getting pelted with hot 9mm brass!!

CB

10. How'd this one work out?

11. bluharley

bluharley Member

I just bought one of those elcheapos not long ago. Haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking just leave the zipper open and put a little box under it so it doesn't sag and block the brass from ejecting properly.

12. I just ordered the eBay one. $7.99 and free shipping. Should work on my AR too, not sure about the SKS...

I shoot outside on my own property, so I surely pick up all my brass. I have a big tripod mounted catcher which works great, but it limits your movements.

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

You da man! I noticed my AK just hand cycling slings stuff pretty far. The range I go to has someone come out in the morning and scoop up the range. Probably trustees from the jail. That's what they do at the cop range too!

14. ndindy

ndindy Member

I have one of the mesh bags with the zipper at the bottom for my Ar. Even after widening the opening of the bag a bit it's still pretty prone to bouncing brass back into the chamber. Leaving the zipper open helps, they just pile up next to the gun. For a bench or at least 1 location shooting having a board next to you to block and just let it eject as normal works best ime.

Barring that take a shooting buddy and make sure he's to your right and wearing a loose fitting shirt :laugh:

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I wonder if you could find one of those lefty deflection shields the army used to have that was for left handed shooters?

16. bluharley

bluharley Member

I just made an insert out of a coat hanger for one of these cheap brass catchers to keep it away from the ejection port. I put 50 live rounds in it and it held good. I'll get to the range soon and see how it does.

17. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Like to know how well this works of a High point. I go to a public range (State Forest land), and if you're caught not cleaning up after yourself, it's a $250.00 fine (something I'd just as soon try to avoid). So I always take a broom, dustpan, and trash bag. This would make my job easier.

18. bluharley

bluharley Member

I don't have a Hi Point carbine, I got it for my AR. At the ranges I go to, there is always someone behind me with a broom scarfing up my brass. I'm sick of it!

19. ndindy

ndindy Member

Most (decent) people will leave your brass alone and only pick it up if you tell them you don't want it. I'd be not happy if someone stole my brass.

The range I go to has dump buckets at the ends of the alleys. I usually do a quick walkthrough and if I have time walk the actual alley itself scrounging. You can almost always find a bunch of 9mm-45, a few rifle brass here and there. No way I'd pick up from someone that is still there.