·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Sorry to hear that, @Dubar .

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
They're more than a pet and it's always hard
when you lose a close friend and constant companion.
Yes, exactly! Both wife and I thought BO would perhaps outlast us at our age. Oldest son would take him if we were gone.
But didn't happen as we thought it might. Both of us are taking it hard as BO died of that damned Cancer. Just like my wife is doing. But, BO will not be by my side. Yep, I am taking it hard. Can't help it. It was BO!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,882 Posts
Max 2008-2021

View attachment 72822

Took him to the ER vet this morning, hadn't eaten in 3 days. They found a mass on his intestines and operating wouldn't have done much good.

I'm going to miss my buddy.
That seriously sucks. Sorry

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,882 Posts
Yes, exactly! Both wife and I thought BO would perhaps outlast us at our age. Oldest son would take him if we were gone.
But didn't happen as we thought it might. Both of us are taking it hard as BO died of that damned Cancer. Just like my wife is doing. But, BO will not be by my side. Yep, I am taking it hard. Can't help it. It was BO!
Get another one. Seriously

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
But, BO will not be by my side. Yep, I am taking it hard. Can't help it. It was BO!
It's tough!
Been there...........done that.....never really got over it (twice).
First one was Daisy, German Short Hair Pointer. That dog really loved me and I her.
She could put a grouse on hold but hated hunting.
She was a lady. Didn't like getting wet in the rain.
Was always there for me during bad times.

Then we got Lily a Border Collie. Super intelligent.
She loved my wife and tolerated me.
When my wife passed I made sure I took extra great care of her.

Then after Lily got cancer and was put to sleep I swore I'd NEVER get another dog.
But.........I did. Got a Poodle/Spaniel mix. Baxter was the first male dog I ever owned.
What a dummy! There were times I'd say "Getting this dog was a big mistake!"
Took a year to mature and smarten up. Now I would not give him up for anything.

Get another one. Seriously
I agree, In time you probably will.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Thanks folks! My other cat Lily (13yrs old) has been searching for him the past day, can't figure it out that he's not coming home. She was the one I figured would have gone 1st. She lost 1/2 her weight the past year, but is running around like a 6-month old kitten. Sounds like a bowling ball coming down the stairs. Looks like skin and bones but is eating normally.

That's a tough thing to go thru, hang in there pard. There's nothing that can be said to take the pain away, my wife passed in 2014 and I still find myself staring off into space. I'm still going thru a "get rid of everything in the house" phase.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
There's nothing that can be said to take the pain away, my wife passed in 2014 and I still find myself staring off into space.
I know what you're going through.
My wife passed in 2010. She was 50 y.o.
I spent 6 months sitting in a chair staring into space.
Heard 2 ladies talking. Both widows. The one who just lost her husband asked,
"Does the pain ever go away?"
The other lady replied, " No! It just gets easier to bear."
It's true! Hang in there!

·
Super Moderator
28,530 Posts
This is Bentley. We brought him home at 8 weeks old, he is now 21 months old. He is an Austalian Shepherd, commonly called Aussie.
View attachment 73655
We were just looking at a mini-ausie named Bently at a rescue, literally, a day ago. 2 years old. Someone else adopted him.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,017 Posts
Ranger in the back, Scout up front. Patiently waiting for mom to throw a toy off the deck.
They're going to make beautiful puppies some day!

601 - 615 of 615 Posts