Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

HP sites

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ohs214 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I hope all can understand this is not an attempt to "steal" members, merely more options designed to accommodate those that feel the current options are not what they look for.
I've posted links to both HPFF and HPT in both new boards. Hopefully the "competition" mentality can be overcome.
If I get banned here for posting this, so be it.
If I get asked at HPT to step down as admin, or get banned, so be it.
Those that choose that option are within their right I suppose, but that's not helping gun owners as a whole, and HP owners specifically.
Everyone is welcome to join, no matter their current board preference. What will not be tolerated is this "competitive bullshat" that seems to have grown between the HPFF and HPT.
Concise, intelligent, and logical statements have been made from both sides IMO, but the fact is, the animosity is underlying for no reason. This should have stopped long ago, yet some feel the need to perpetuate it.
On these 2 new boards? don't bring it. If you have a life of turmoil and dissent, stay where you are and deal with your life.
I don't agree with some statements made here about HPT.
I don't agree with some statements made at HPT about HPFF.
I don't have to. I can simply start other options.
I can set my own rules, or lack thereof, and folks can come and go as they please/choose.
This is the net, not a gulag.
I invite everyone here, everyone "there", and everyone in general to at least come by. You have no right to judge if you have no personal experience.

#4 ·
i don't see that much competition between the sites. I have not been here real long, so maybe most of it is buried deep old posts.
Plus , I will usually try to avoid the website "drama" common to a LOT of the net.

I have seen a lot of sites that look down on plugging a "competing" website. I can understand why anyone would object to their site and bandwidth being used just to encourage people to go somewhere else.

I have no idea of this forum's policy, but I think people will stay, or go, depending on whether any site is suited to them.

#6 ·
...I have seen a lot of sites that look down on plugging a "competing" website...
I think one of the important functions of forum membership is to support and improve the community. I hate it when a forum gets into a p1$$1ng match with another. Cross-linking and constructively criticizing each other can only make us all stronger.

#7 ·
thats what i love about this site, no drama nobody flames u or attacks u everyone is friendly..ive been on a few different forums about different things and everyone online is usually a douche lol...ppl think theyre big and bad online but on this site everyone is awesome so im glad im here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.