HPFF Member Internet Speeds

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Ok,
    I've had dialup before. I've had the basic cable internet, but now i have the direct service link (DSL) from Bellsouth. My system recently was infected by a spyware known as "Adssite" and many trojans, all stemming from a Browser Helper Object, or BHO installed by a Chinese website... I'll never do that again! But it made my internet connection almost null and void. In the HPFF Chatroom, I would type my entire sentence, press enter, and about 10 seconds later it would flash in the input box, and 5 seconds after that it would appear in the chat. Needless to say I was "lagged". BUT I've got it all back to normal now (thanks to SuperAntiSpyware's latest update!), and I've just tested my internet speed.

How does your internet speed compare? I have not used any "Optimizers" or anything like that. I would like to get as many replies as I can, so call it a competition if you like.

Go here ( http://www.speedtest.net/ ) to take the test, It even lets you "one click copy" for posting on a forum

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Alright, Post 'em up! :)

2. I currently use WildBlue satellite service and am too embarrassed to post my results. :oops: Living in the country is nice but the hills around me block any real wireless service. :evil: :cry:

At last check we were getting somewhere around 3xx down and 1xx up.

3. [​IMG]

Not bad for a mainframe server that's over 200 miles away....

4. I hate you guys, I really do. I live in a rural area, and have satellite internet like cdbillups does, except mine is through Hughesnet.

I get around 1.5Mbps down and 200kbps up on a good day. Ping times are poor as is any satellite connection.

Beats dialup though LOL

Edited

Price 75 per month. I know I know, but its this or dialup!

5. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

My family owns the ISP I use, so naturally my internet connection speed is wide open and whatever I want it to be, my bottle neck is my router at 54mbs, and the fact that servers won't give me information that fast either!

6. Is this good or bad?

[​IMG]

7. adam I would trade body parts for those kinds of speeds!

8. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

My internet is Krypton.com. Faster then a speeding bullit. More powerfull then a locomotive, and able to leap over skyscrapers in a single bound.

My computer also has a big red S on the front of it :wink: :lol:

9. [​IMG]

FWIW, I have Bellsouth DSL. Lots better than dialup, but not what Adam's getting.

10. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

It's "fair to middlin' "... J/K, It's great.... But I don't have IP envy. :)

I JUST DID A OPTIMIZATION, AND LOOK:
    [​IMG]
    I'm totally kidding, this is my work's internet connection... It's amazing that bellsouth can go that fast!

11. I just bought the fastest internet connection you can through my cable company its 10x I used to have 5x

12. Here is my work connection...
    [​IMG]

13. At work:
    [​IMG]

I'll post the "at home" results later.....much better for DL, not so much for upload.....that's what you get with asynchronous cable....but ooh boy is that download speed sweet...... :twisted:

14. [​IMG]
    laptop with borrowed signal from neighbor

15. [​IMG]
    Desktop that I pay for

33$ A month

[​IMG]
    Tried a different server

16. griff30

griff30 Member

[​IMG] Suddenlink $30 a month.
    Could you peeps post your cost for bandwidth? or at least edit your post so we know?

17. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

So far it's comcast followed by charter followed by bellsouth... (not work IP's) for the fastest throughput and download... does anyone else want to share their results?

18. AGuyNamedMike

AGuyNamedMike Lifetime Supporter

Here I am at home on Comcast cable. It seems a bit slower than usual, but it is quarter to eight in the evening.

[​IMG]

19. I just tried it again every time I try it the results get better :) I"m not sure what I pay just for the internet I have a package deal digital cable and internet for 107 a month.

[​IMG]

20. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I just did mine again from work... It does get better... hmmm...
    [​IMG]

I also ran one to griff's server:
    [​IMG]

And the port of Spain... Which i think is in Trinidad?
    [​IMG]

And Napier, New Zealand...
    [​IMG]

And Tokyo, Japan...
    [​IMG]