Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to this forum. I bought my first Hi Point 995 last month, and I have to say-I love this gun! It is one of my top 5 favorites of the other guns that I own. Anyway, I was researching websites that correspond with Hi-Points, and I ran across this one. I find it very informative, so I decided to register. I was wrangling with a question that I thought that you all might be able to help me with. Sportsman's Guide has a BSA red dot RGB for $29-is that a good deal-or not? I don't have much experience with BSA, and I know that some of you do. Anyway, I appreciate your help-thanks!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum from TN. Sorry I can't help you with the scope. I'm using the iron sights on mine because I like the challenge. Someone will come along soon and answer your question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 2 TN Mules-by the way, I live close to TN in KY-my pappaw has had mules since he was little, and is close to 90 now!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Thanks 2 TN Mules-by the way, I live close to TN in KY-my pappaw has had mules since he was little, and is close to 90 now!
He is a fine fellow then. Maybe we can get together for a shoot sometime if were not to far apart. I'm 1/2 way between Nashville and Knoxville, about 30 minutes from Albany, KY.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sportsman's Guide has a BSA red dot RGB for $29-is that a good deal-or not? I don't have much experience with BSA, and I know that some of you do. Anyway, I appreciate your help-thanks!
Yes, honestly that is a good price. If its the one Im thinking of, they usually sell for $40. Everyone that I know with BSA red dots are happy with them.

P.S. :welcome:

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
:welcome: Don't know much about the BSA but I have the Barska multi-recticle reflex from sportsmans guide I think around $35.00 if your a member. I like it real well!

·
Registered
101 Posts
:welcome:
My friend put a more expensive BSA on his AK and it does not want to hold its zero very well. But that's like comparing apples to oranges. I have a Tasco Pro Point red/ green dot and I love it. At 100 yds I can switch back and forth from red to green( I prefer green) and put almost every round in a pie plate. With cheap ammo. cost: around $80.00.

Big howdy from Texas.

·
Registered
330 Posts
:welcome:
I have a BSA red dot on my 995, and I like it real well. I paid more than $29 for it, I think maybe $39. It holds it's zero, and improved my shooting at least 50%. I also just bought a Leapers swat force red/green dot with flip-up lens covers, from cheaper than dirt,for $30. I am going to mount it on a used 4095 that I just bought.
I like the green dot better than red too. The flip-up lens covers are a big plus too, as I usually lose one or both pretty quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a bsa red dot on my 995 and it works great. Not bad for a cheap red dot. 30$ is about the low end of what they go for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.