HTA Bullpup Chassis

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by B_Cassidy, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

Seems the FTF was on first round when using charging handle. I just have to give charging handle a tap forward and the round feeds. After that all rounds were feeding fine.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  2. DIRSUPop

DIRSUPop Member

On the left:
    7.5” 5.56 NATO 416R Stainless 1-7T Barrel 7” M-Lok Handguard
    On the right:
    HP 995 in HTA Bullpup stock

[​IMG]

3. SDProf

SDProf Supporting Member

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

John Wilkerson likes this.
  5. John Wilkerson

John Wilkerson Member

I found a little spray silicone lubricant and a large rubber mallet made assembly and disassembly much easier. Andy assured me that they're quite snug when new and parts will 'relax' in time to an easier fit. I've bought 3 MBS995's all FDE and all Very tight.

Mediocre_Bob likes this.
  6. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

For those using the new bullpup what sights are you using? Any problems with zeroing them in. I put a Holosun red dot and MBUS and having problems zeroing in. Red dot at a 100 was hitting Steel silhouette. Put in a new mag and could not hit it again. MBUS at 15 yds was shooting at a beer can. Moving rear sight left or right, I was missing can both sides with center post center of beer can. Have not had chance to shoot at an unused bullseye target yet to try and zero.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  7. Mediocre_Bob

Mediocre_Bob Supporting Member

I use a UTG red/green dot from Amazon and matching UTG flip ups. I don't shoot 100 yards without a scope due to old eyes but they cowitness perfectly and I get Atta boys when shooting 25 and 50 yards for good ( not great in my opinion) groups from other shooters at the range. Once zero'd in it holds tight. Still gotta see how it does after I break her down and clean. I've read I'll probably have to re- zero after reassembly.

UTG 4.2" ITA Red/Green CQB Dot... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HICPHW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Leapers UTG Low Profile Flip-up... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0182UM8ZO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Surfnayl likes this.
  8. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

In a couple of weeks I'll have opportunity to shoot at an outdoor range from a bench. Hope to get red dot and MBUS zeroed in. I have Meprolight flip ups on my JR carbine. I was able to consistently hit a steel silhouette at 100 yards, free standing. I have been shooting Freedom Munitions 165 gr.

Mediocre_Bob likes this.
  9. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

Was able to put 50 rounds through the bullpup today. First 10 rounds from 15 yds. Red dot and MBUS sights were close to zeroed. Next 40 rounds from 100 yds. I was consistently hitting the 6 to 8 inch steel gong. The more I shoot the bullpup the more I like it.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

Neither links work................

11. SDProf

SDProf Supporting Member

Yeah, bunch of junk in the link.
    Here's the good one for the red dot
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HICPHW

Amazon has several UTG Low Profile Flip Up sets, various packagings. The product number in MB's link doesn't seem to be there any more.

John Henry and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  12. Mediocre_Bob

13. John Henry

John Henry Member

Mediocre_Bob and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  14. Mediocre_Bob

15. Blair

Blair Member

Those bullpup stocks look really nice. I just wonder if the Red Ball mags work with them. If so I may wait for the prices to go down and get one.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

I doubt the price will go down. I got a complete 9mm with the 50rds down the pipe 995TS for $500.

Yes the mags fit and work.

Blair and ichthyo like this.
  17. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

Mine is great. The reball 9mm mag is flawless for me.

18. Blair

Blair Member

Would like to have it. But it's very pricey. Old lady would kill me.

19. Panzercat

Panzercat Member

Sorry, haven't posted in forever, but how would you compare a sub2000 to one of these?

I ask because I own a gen2 Sub2k in Glock 9mm and while it's definitely unique, I've got to be honest, it's 2 pipes and a hinge. Don't get me wrong, the sub has never had a failure but it has the ergos of, well, two pipes on a hinge. It's also 9mm, which has always been a sticking point for me. Sub2ks only come in nine and fowtie. Conversely, my favorite millimeters are ten and eleven.

Two things have happened that have caused me to return to considering a highpoint carbine... Redball mags and the HTA chassis. I'm seriously considering trading out to a Hipoint now, so the question... How much do you love your HTA Hipoint? Enough to trade a Sub2000 for it?

No you can't keep both ;)

[Edit] oh, page 41 answers my question handily :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  20. TNTRAILERTRASH

If capacity is a priority? the 9mm 2 pieces of pipe wins.