HTA Bullpup Chassis

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by B_Cassidy, Nov 28, 2016.

1. FortyFiveAuto

FortyFiveAuto Member

I sold my Sub2k because the ergos do indeed suck.

If you want great ergos and capacity, get a Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm. Love mine.

If you want a cheap and reliable “beater” carbine, get the Hi Point.

The bull pup stock looks cool. I’m not sure itnoffers enough value to justify the price. Not to me anyway.

2. That's where I'm at. I was on the early "list" and passed my code on to someone else so they could get one; and I still haven't taken the plunge. Not sure if I will. I like the design, peolpe are saying great things about it, but the price point is off putting.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    ichthyo likes this.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Can't take it with you. Next trip to Florida I can bring one of mine by for a test drive.

4. Panzercat

Panzercat Member

I can afford the ten round reduction if it means better than 1k foot pounds out the barrel.

Ill bet its a great gun, but the going price is $800 for the 45 at the moment. No pcc is worth that. otoh, you wont find a bullpup anything for under $600.

I dont suppose anybody has weighed the assembled setup, have they? I can find the stock's weights, but not just the highpoint upper reciever to add it up.

5. wanderson

wanderson Member

I’ve got a 9mm Sub2k genII and two HPs in HTA stocks, a 4595 and a 1095.
    Yes the HP/HTA is heavier, almost twice the weight IMHO. The Sub2k is like 4.5 lbs.
    I’ll guess the HP/HTA 10mm is 8 or 9 lbs.
    The HP/HTA is more comfortable shooting with AR height optics, I run a Truglo reflex on the .45 and a scope on the 10mm. Scope probably adds a pound to this setup.

I do like the Sub2k for it’s size & weight, but for me the irons are unusable so I just mount a red dot on a medium height riser, it’s much easier shooting with a high mount optic and a chin weld vs getting my cheek slapped. Both the stock trigger and the HTA linkage is worlds better than my factory Sub2k trigger.

I have a lot more fun shooting HPs at the range than the Sub2k. But I can’t slip an HP in a small backpack either.

6. Panzercat

Panzercat Member

Gah, 8lbs. Now that makes the sub2k look attractive. The price is still damn good for a 10/11mm bullpup, but that changes the equation slightly. Thanks for the response.

7. Dred

Dred Member

Just scaled my 1095 in HTA stock plus SeeAll sight, no mag - 7lb14oz.

I don't think it compares unfavorably to my Sub 2000 though. Yes, the s2k is right at 5lb. But, the bullpup balance advantage makes it just as comfortable to shoot off hand. The s2k does pack smaller and lighter.

8. Panzercat

Panzercat Member

Well, regardless... I've taken that crucial step to the dark side and liquidated the sub2k. Just dont like it or 9mm in a carbine enough to keep it around. That sets me up with about $580 in cash for a carbine in 45 and hta stock, and some mags, i think.

HTA Stock, FDE - [Arrived] free shipping!
    Hipoint 4595 - [Pricing]
    Redball Mags - [Pricing]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    adam01364, CamoDeafie and Rerun like this.
  9. Panzercat

Panzercat Member

Just got the chassis. Very high quality product. Only full assembly will bare that out, but the build quality has a certain confidence about it. Shipping was prompt, fast, and best of all, free. Now I just need a screaming deal on a carbine :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Mediocre_Bob, retread and CamoDeafie like this.
  10. retread

retread Member

like the looks except that brush guard on the front grip. it's a gun, not a dirt bike!

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

It's removable.

Mediocre_Bob likes this.
  12. Panzercat

Panzercat Member

Im on the fence with it. On one hand i agree, it ruins the lines. On the other, it makes for a damn convenient foregrip. That might change when i add the reciever, but it was pretty natural to stabilize with the offhand using it.

13. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

The front guard can also act as a stabilizing point against your forearm when shooting.

14. retread

retread Member

didn't know this. i'll look for pic without.

15. Go to post 1232 in this thread

retread and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  16. funky

funky Member

I'm not sure what this is called but can you tell me where you got the piece that fits over the lower part of the magazine?

Mediocre_Bob likes this.
  17. Mediocre_Bob

Mediocre_Bob Supporting Member

Looks like a Promag 15 round magazine.

18. funky

funky Member

Gotcha, so those ship with that sleeve then. Know of anyone that makes something similar for the Redball mags?

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

What's so limited about it?