Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1418 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just scaled my 1095 in HTA stock plus SeeAll sight, no mag - 7lb14oz.

I don't think it compares unfavorably to my Sub 2000 though. Yes, the s2k is right at 5lb. But, the bullpup balance advantage makes it just as comfortable to shoot off hand. The s2k does pack smaller and lighter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, regardless... I've taken that crucial step to the dark side and liquidated the sub2k. Just dont like it or 9mm in a carbine enough to keep it around. That sets me up with about $580 in cash for a carbine in 45 and hta stock, and some mags, i think.

HTA Stock, FDE - [Arrived] free shipping!
Hipoint 4595 - [Pricing]
Redball Mags - [Pricing]

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just got the chassis. Very high quality product. Only full assembly will bare that out, but the build quality has a certain confidence about it. Shipping was prompt, fast, and best of all, free. Now I just need a screaming deal on a carbine :D

like the looks except that brush guard on the front grip. it's a gun, not a dirt bike!

·
Premium Member
21,145 Posts
Reactions: Mediocre_Bob

·
Registered
55 Posts
like the looks except that brush guard on the front grip. it's a gun, not a dirt bike!
Im on the fence with it. On one hand i agree, it ruins the lines. On the other, it makes for a damn convenient foregrip. That might change when i add the reciever, but it was pretty natural to stabilize with the offhand using it.

·
Premium Member
21,145 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Just picked up a 995 on GB, now I just need the HTA stock in OD Green.

·
Premium Member
21,145 Posts
The LE stock is 100% FDE versus the two tone black & FDE that is regularly available.
This limited edition was limited to one! I had Andy's people do it in 9, and 40. Well anyone can request custom. They used a blem for the base.
IMG_20190413_122813.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Questions:
  • Where would one get a longer barrel for the carbine (if it's as easy as folks say to swap); the current barrel renders the stock set up illegal (too short; 30" min) in the One Party Dictatorship formerly called California (An LLP of the SEIU, Teachers' Unions, Trial Lawyers, and the AFL-CIO--not redundant).
  • What impact would a longer barrel have on velocity of a .45 ACP? I know there is a point beyond which velocity starts falling off.
DJ

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
1261 - 1280 of 1418 Posts