Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 1418 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
It's interesting that HTA and Hi-Point have teased a double stack magazine and yet...
<crickets chirping>

The devil is in the details; my hunch is that execution of the double stack isn't as easy as it looks. Just because Makarov and Llama did it, doesn't make it a slam dunk. And if HTA or HP introduced a problematic magazine into the marketplace, they'd be crucified for doing so.

That's my hunch and I'm sticking to it.

·
Premium Member
21,223 Posts
I keep checking this thread in hopes some progress has been made. Any word from HTA?
I have the official word on it from that email I quoted. Here it 'tis I alerted them to the fact that there is a 15rd flush fit mag that now fits the Glock 48 which is a factory single stack 9mm.

On 3/16/2020 5:56 PM, TrashyB wrote:
Thank you! Has there been any advances in a higher capacity mag? My brother just got some flush fit 15rd mags for his single stack Glock 48.

Reply: Nothing yet sadly- honestly our main focus now is just keeping up with current demand. We're at max capacity just to keep up with what we have now. Hopefully we will be able to expand the business a bit more if sales continue to be steady but when you're small it's hard to come up with the money to invest in new products. We will keep you posted though!

I also asked if they still had the adjustable triggers. His reply:
Well just make sure you stay away from anyone at the range haha. Can't shoot coronavirus unfortunately. And we don't have any of the adjustable triggers since they were causing so many issues. We just stopped making them altogether. We are trying to find a way to make a trigger fit the various models more efficiently but it's hard due to the wide range of specification between classic models, TS models, etc. I'll let you know if we make any headway on the new trigger design. Thanks again,

Andy Wentzel
High Tower Armory, LLC

Reactions: Rerun and SDProf

·
Premium Member
21,223 Posts
Have anyone tried to see if the original iron sights could still be mounted on the HTA stock kit? Just wondering if its even feasible.
You have a great quality rail up there. I was being silly and mounted the factory front sight on mine. I didn't glue the screws. It fell off at the range.

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
You have a great quality rail up there. I was being silly and mounted the factory front sight on mine. I didn't glue the screws. It fell off at the range.
I'm not talking remove the rail. I'm talking about putting the HP rear sight on top of the rail, like how they do the TS series... ya know?
Actually that might be an interesting concept for a machine shop to try.. Down Range could try, or Long Shot Manufacturing... a picatinny rail sight body that takea HP rear sight guts. Since the handguns and the carbines share most of the rear sight parts....?
Edit. Yeah yeah yeah I know, just use AR15 sights :rolleyes: except.. what if I don't want to use AR15 sights, or CZ sights, or HK style sights? And I'd rather not have optics either.... so what does that leave? Not a whole lot if anything.

I'd like to see a picatinny rail mounted M1A/M14 style sight set.. edit. Looks like some AR15 BUIS uses A1 style pieces.

·
Premium Member
21,223 Posts
I'm not talking remove the rail. I'm talking about putting the HP rear sight on top of the rail, like how they do the TS series... ya know?
Actually that might be an interesting concept for a machine shop to try.. Down Range could try, or Long Shot Manufacturing... a picatinny rail sight body that takea HP rear sight guts. Since the handguns and the carbines share most of the rear sight parts....?
Edit. Yeah yeah yeah I know, just use AR15 sights :rolleyes: except.. what if I don't want to use AR15 sights, or CZ sights, or HK style sights? And I'd rather not have optics either.... so what does that leave? Not a whole lot if anything.

I'd like to see a picatinny rail mounted M1A/M14 style sight set.. or one that maybe can use the A1 old school parts?
$$ to results, time etc. It's all up to you if you want to run them. If you need to clean/repair etc the guts the front sight post has to come off everytime.

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
$$ to results, time etc. It's all up to you if you want to run them. If you need to clean/repair etc the guts the front sight post has to come off everytime.
I'm used to that with the Classic 995 ;) edit. I know it doesn't always need to have the front sight off, but again, I'm used to taking that block off so I don't gotta fiddle with the barrel band on the original monkey stock

·
Premium Member
21,223 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,223 Posts
Elvis with a chainsaw?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anybody who previously upgraded the carbine trigger dropped it into one of these stocks?Was the trigger upgrade better to begin with?Did the trigger if better to begin with make bullpup trigger any better?

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Has anybody who previously upgraded the carbine trigger dropped it into one of these stocks?Was the trigger upgrade better to begin with?Did the trigger if better to begin with make bullpup trigger any better?
Any of the trigger upgrades are cosmetic only, it doesn't change any of the linkages.
With an aftermarket stock you're always dependent on the provided linkages from the receiver to the trigger guard.

Reactions: kinsharu
1301 - 1320 of 1418 Posts