HTA Bullpup Chassis

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by B_Cassidy, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Panzercat

Panzercat Member

Finally neutered the trigger dingus using Napp's method; 100% successful. Much more confident in the HTA's operation now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

napp likes this.
  2. Roger Jimenez

Roger Jimenez Member

Houston we have a problem. I found these items while cleaning her. Looks like she'll be getting dressed back into the Hi-Point stock and sent back. Will this be a full barrel replace or a weld and polish? First pic is a crack in the feed ramp.

upload_2020-10-28_0-9-22.png

upload_2020-10-28_0-7-6.png

undeRGRound likes this.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

What did you do to it? You GROUND the feed ramp? If you did it may be on your dime.

4. retread

retread Member

clear closer pic. doesnt look like its cracked in that pic. looks like a line in the casting. can you see a crack from the side?

5. Roger Jimenez

Roger Jimenez Member

Not sure what happened, bad rounds? I did have a few issues of the bullet not loading correctly, thought it was me not fully pulling back on the charge handle though. Never grounded the ramp but it does look like it needs it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2020
  6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

A. They might polish the ramp to see if it comes out or is indeed a crack.

B. They'll just replace it.

I'm not seeing a crack, but I'm not the one up close and inspecting it...

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Small Block or Big Block?? :rotfl:

8. undeRGRound

INDY
    Where?

9. undeRGRound

INDY
    Looks like "possibly" a crack to me, under a void in the casting. I've done a lot of grinding on metals in my day, but never on a feed ramp. Either way, the void needs filled in, at a minimum. Hopefully the factory warranty is still in full force. If it is a crack, I think you could make a case for a prior malfunction, and your own home-baked attempt at a solution.

10. Roger Jimenez

Roger Jimenez Member

I just talked to a tech. The carbine was made 14 weeks ago, I must of bought it strait from the line. The bent pin according to them was probably caused by a hot round, it seems common by the conversation, good thing is it will still fire, which mine did last time I shot. As for the crack they wanted to see pictures to decide the next step. Cracks can be caused by dissimilar metal contact, manufacturing design (corner, location stress), and bad metal composition/quality. To me it does look like it's following the bend in the ramp, adjacent to a corner, and who know maybe there is a void below it as you mentioned. Either way the assembly needs to be replaced but the barrels will be kept. Also, they will shoot multiple rounds for every mag I send in with it for testing. Finally, only a 3 week turn around time they are claiming. That's great customer service! upload_2020-10-28_13-32-2.png

undeRGRound and CamoDeafie like this.
  11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Why does it look like someone went at it with a Dremel and a coarse sanding drum?

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    40 grit, for 40 cal... (10mm being like 40 magnum for the peanut gallery) ;)

13. Panzercat

Panzercat Member

Why is this in the hta thread?

14. riverrover

riverrover Member

I believe Roger Jimenez is using the HTA conversion, but yeah, this issue has nothing to do w/t HTA stock.
    Looks to me like the ramp has been ground like crazy! I can't imagine HP sending a new rifle out like that.
    And I know I'm new and only have one 995 carbine, but with a factory mag secured fully in the rifle the nose of the round only hits the upper 1/3 of the ramp and pops right into the chamber. I don't understand all these feeding issues. If anything, the lower 2/3 rds of the ramp could actually be built up, not ground down.

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

And a chisel.

undeRGRound likes this.
  16. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Man somebody ground the shit out of that ramp! You can even see where his Dremel ran away from him a couple of times and ran up and bit into the support on the right side of the ramp lol. Wow!

17. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

IMG_20201031_112259_375.JPG I added a GMG 5x magnifier behind my old TruGlo red dot. It really helped my astigatism issue. It swings out for close range shots. I see perfectly a formed red circular dot for the first time.

moona11 and Visper like this.