·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
Reactions: Dave_Jones

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
131 Posts
You're probably the smarter one of us. I just figure why have something and not enjoy it. When it's to the point something becomes more of a liability than an asset, why keep it?

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
You're probably the smarter one of us. I just figure why have something and not enjoy it. When it's to the point something becomes more of a liability than an asset, why keep it?
I'm very limited on what I can do here shooting wise. 26yds is tops. I am all excited to go to the range today. I'm no where near the smartest in the room.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently received one of the FDE conversion stocks that is all one color. When putting it together, I noticed a problem with the HTA supplied counter weight. Once installed, it wanted to catch on the rear of the stock and keep the slide from going all the way back. Rather than mounting it parallel to the slide, I angled it slightly so that the counter weight would be higher in the front and lower in the back. This allowed the slide to move fully, but it was still tight. The end result is sometimes I suffer a FTE, which never happened in the original (stainless and black) stock. I reached out to HTA and they were very quick in their response. Per their advice, I could forego the counter weight as long as I don't run +P ammo through the rifle. I don't plan on running +P through this thing anyway, but I am curious if anyone has run their rifle without the counter weight or encountered a similar issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 995/HTA Bullpup likes the RedBall 20 round mags quite well and the funny bend in their design is good since the magwell is closer to the shooter's shoulder...
Hello all. I am new here and I definitely used the search before posting.
Someone five years ago commented that this thread had grown unwieldy. There have been nearly six hundred posts since then and, other than the above, I cannot find much about the HTA bullpup stock and Redball mags. I love my ugly 995TS but it’s time for her look to be updated. However, if the bullpup causes problems with the Redball mags, it’s simply not worth it for me. Could anyone offer some insight?
Kinda off topic but when I put my SKS in the CBRPS bullpup, I was able to go from the fixed 10 round mag to trimmed 30 round mags. I would hate for something like the reverse to happen with my HP. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have been searching for a bullpup that I can afford and for one that is actually in stock in a store. Yesterday I was happy to discover the HTA bullpup chassis. I have had my 995TS for 7 or 8 years and I do not shoot it much so I was happy that I can give it some new life. I ordered the HTA bullpup stock / chassis yesterday in 9mm OD green.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I just discovered the HTA bullpup chassis a few weeks ago and I just had to have it. I ordered it right away and got it in a few days ago. I love the quality, feel, and looks of this gun. I added flip up sights, a red dot sight, sling, and angled front grip. I took it out to the range this weekend and everything functioned great. This is what Hi-Point SHOULD have built in the first place.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was an early adopter of the HTA stock, had my name on the wait list for some time. I enjoy this thing as much now as the first time I shot it. Of course I don't get it out every day or anything but I do always enjoy it on my trips to the range with it. I am still waiting for a double stack magazine (aren't we all?) but can enjoy it just the same. One other thing I would like to do is find some nice looking recoil pad for it. I know, 9mm recoil is not that bad but I have this rebuilt shoulder that would love just a little less jolting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hans,

I had a discussion with Andy about the butt pad option, since I have a younger daughter that likes to shoot the 995. I'm moving this specific one to the HTA stock and wanted the option if she needs any recoil taming for extended use.

Here is Andy's answer:

"our stock actually has the same profile as the PS90 so most butt pads that slip over that will fit on ours. Here's a link to one, for instance. Let me know if you have any other questions and thank you again!"

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
I was an early adopter of the HTA stock, had my name on the wait list for some time. I enjoy this thing as much now as the first time I shot it. Of course I don't get it out every day or anything but I do always enjoy it on my trips to the range with it. I am still waiting for a double stack magazine (aren't we all?) but can enjoy it just the same. One other thing I would like to do is find some nice looking recoil pad for it. I know, 9mm recoil is not that bad but I have this rebuilt shoulder that would love just a little less jolting.
Get the .380 & drop it in since it's the same chassis? And also, then your wallet will make you shoot less. 😜

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I was at the shooting range today and brought my High Tower bullpup. There was a husband and wife and their older kids shooting pistols. I noticed a few times that they kept looking my way. When we all finished shooting, the husband and wife walked over and ask what I was shooting. I said, well, it is a bullpup with the action of a Hi-point. The guy was surprised and said, "That is a Hi-point?!!! I went on to explain what the gun is and how it uses the High Tower chassis. They were very impressed by the looks and function of the gun.
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun Military camouflage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks nice! Did you get to shoot it yet? How difficult is this to do? I’m very good mechanically (cars, engines etc.) but have never done any gunsmith work. On rifles and pistols I’ve pretty much only dismantled them enough to thoroughly clean them. I have a 4595 and love it but ammo costs are getting painful. I’m thinking of getting a 995 and maybe getting one of these bull pup kits for it. Any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looks nice! Did you get to shoot it yet? How difficult is this to do? I’m very good mechanically (cars, engines etc.) but have never done any gunsmith work. On rifles and pistols I’ve pretty much only dismantled them enough to thoroughly clean them. I have a 4595 and love it but ammo costs are getting painful. I’m thinking of getting a 995 and maybe getting one of these bull pup kits for it. Any advice is welcome.
Installing in the HTA chassis is a breeze. The instructions are pretty clear, no special skills needed.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,661 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. I think I might give it a try. Now to try and find the lowest cost 995…
"Had" a great place local to me, but looking today he's seemingly down to maybe 1 or 2 new firearms, and very few consignment items. They used to offer HP carbines and pistols as cheap as I've ever seen them anywhere on line. I recall $239 for a 995TS a while back. Last I saw they were still under $300...

DM me if you want a link, perhaps he will order something and have it drop shipped to your FFL?

1421 - 1439 of 1439 Posts