Humans?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, May 24, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Here Animals or Pack Animals?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

2. histed

histed Supporting Member

You lost me? You asking if humans are herd animals or pack animals? If so, depends on the humans. IMO, most are sheeple (herd) and are preyed on by pack animals (politicians). Course, if you're asking something else, I'm totally out of line. :eek: :confused:

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No, that's the question. :)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

4. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I don't see any difference in this forum than in the other 4 or 5 I am a member of. Forums are pretty much a melting pot of personal opinions, views, likes, and dislikes. As with most forums, those members who do not agree with the majority usually get their butts kicked or banned. Which I guess is a normal course of events. I have been banned from a couple, even though I am a thoughtful, understanding, sensitive, non aggressive, person.
    [​IMG]

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No, question really is are humans pack or herd type animals? Group animals, both, but only one are predators.

Peace favor your sword mobile

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

I think the majority of humans are herd animals. Blindly following along and surviving on scraps because its the easiest way to live.

7. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I eat animals

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I think humans are the one creature on earth that covers every step, on the scale from predator to prey...... And for many, I don't think it's an etched in stone, unchangeable personality trait....

9. haugrdr

haugrdr Member

To me, humans are mostly like lemmings. Blindly following whatever right off the cliff.

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Pack animals, as in, strap a load on them?:p

11. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I am a lone wolf...

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

People are leaders or follower's which are you

13. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

I like the Kris Kyle answer

Some are sheep, some are wolves, some are the sheep dogs with a duty to protect the sheep

14. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Well, if you're speaking metaphorically, I'd say as a people group as a whole, we are definitely herd animals, specifically, sheep.

I don't consider humans animals in an exact sense, but, again for the sake of the example, we're definitely sheep. We form governments, appoint leaders, etc...

It's a Lord of the Flies kinda thing.

While some individuals may be wolves, and some sheep dogs, as a whole we are definitely sheep.

15. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    We are pack animals. Our eyes are on the front of our faces, and We have vestigial canine teeth for tearing flesh, both of which are characteristics of predators.

While many humans may seem to be sheep, they are actually just the least dominant pack members who follow the commands of others. When you look at the way in which some groups of people gang up on others, this is just the behavior of ad hoc packs going after isolated individuals or smaller-numbered packs.

If you look at other pack animals, they keep territory. When groups of humans attack other humans, they are asserting a claimed dominance of a given piece of territory.

Herd animals are not capable of coordinating anything. They just follow and fry to remain anonymous within the group so as to ensure that the slower or less fortunate members get eaten first. While humans may exhibit similar behaviors, they are actively seeking acceptance from the pack. Herd animals don't have to seek acceptance. They just stay among the others and eat grass. Humans and other pack animals, however, must gain acceptance, lest they be actively forced from the pack.

16. Kiln

Kiln Member

Interestingly, the lemming mass suicide is a myth, but that hasn't stopped the herds of people who fail to research it from perpetuating it. Ironic isn't it?

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Apparently you've never played.

[​IMG]

18. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Far too many people are complacent and apathetic. If you believe the evolutionists, we are of the animal species. If you believe in divine creation we are not.

19. Kiln

Kiln Member

Careful with the evolution vs creationism or this will end up in the abyss (also known as "The Dark Rooms") where threads go to degrade into animal-esque guttoral grunting and memes.