Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Kel-Tec P40 that I carry. I want something that doesn't have horrendous recoil. I want something DA/SA if possible, or DAO without a horrendous trigger pull. And, I want something comparable in size to the P40, since I don't want to alter my carry rig (a small zippered belt pouch that works great).

I know that .32 isn't nearly as potent as a .40, but it is far more potent than a .40 that misses and sticks in the wall behind the bad guy. I'm not nearly as steady with that thing as I was 8 years ago.

I am thinking a used CZ-83 or a Bersa Thunder Concealed Carry. I could go up to a .380 in a pinch, if felt recoil were low. I want to stay away from the Kel Tec .32 or .380, though, because of the long trigger pull.

I'm looking to spend about $300 max, but might go as high as $350 if I find something nice.

Any advice?

·
Banned
19,454 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really like my kel-tec P 32, plus 1 mag, weighs 10.5 oz. loaded. Front pocket carry in galco holster, 200 rds with no hic-ups. 235.00 NIB, last Christmas. Mine has a CT laser, but not necessary for close in protection. If this is interesting check out the KTOG forum. Jim <><

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the few kel-tecs ive been around were "problem children" people gave me to try to fix. most of them ended up going back to the factory so my opinion is alittle one sided on them. i will agree the trigger pull isnt the best but overall i think the are good guns.

SW

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diamond Jim:

What's the trigger pull like on that? I've considered the Kel-Tec, but the Kel Tec I have now, the trigger pull is really long and really heavy. Is the P32 the same way? What I find is, with my huge hands, I have to actually reposition my trigger finger and my grip to get a steady pull. Of course, I can just "spray and pray", but that's not a good option, in my opinion.

If it has a long, heavy trigger pull, I can't do it. How's yours?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Diamond Jim:

What's the trigger pull like on that? I've considered the Kel-Tec, but the Kel Tec I have now, the trigger pull is really long and really heavy. Is the P32 the same way? What I find is, with my huge hands, I have to actually reposition my trigger finger and my grip to get a steady pull. Of course, I can just "spray and pray", but that's not a good option, in my opinion.

If it has a long, heavy trigger pull, I can't do it. How's yours?
The trigger pull on a 32 is 5 lbs. Yes, it's long but that is the safety feature of this weapon, I put a piece of rubber steathascope tube on my trigger, and don't notice it at all. I like the x1 mag ext. for a better grip, don't notice the recoil, compared to my p3at. The 32 can rimlock with HP's or blunt nose ammo, because of the OAL, but KT makes a spacer to fix that or just stick with FMJ's, they are a little longer. They are very nice little shooters at 20 ft. and like I said before, absalutely (0) problems. I've dont the out of box fluff and buff on both of them, and lube proberly. Jim <><

1 - 6 of 6 Posts