I am officially a member

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Burns, Jul 9, 2014.

1. I picked up a new C9 pistol and a 995 carbine today. I am pretty excited, I can not wait to put them both through their paces.

Attached Files:

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Glad you're excited Burns! Be patient with em..... Preload your mags and let em sit.... Then range report!!!

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

You do realize that two is not enough, it is a good start. The addiction will only get worse after your first trip to the range. First you will only want accessories and extra mags. Then you will see another gun that trips your trigger (pun intended) so you get it. You start shooting more and more and start buying extra ammo just so you will have enough to cover shortages in the supply chain. Next you see another gun that interests you so you get it. Now you need a gun safe, but what size? Get the biggest you can afford as you will continue getting more and more interesting guns to satisfy your craving. You are now officially a gunoholic. So welcome to our nightmare. Remember if it is a Zombie head shots only.

4. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That's Awesome! the carbine should be pretty much gtg out of the box. The pistol I have no experience with, but I hear (on this forum, ha ha) the C9 is a work horse. My 995ts and the 4595ts both eat up and spit out whatever I feed em. The mag on the 4595ts was a little stiff ootb, so I do agree with Bull. It can't hurt. FUN FUN FUN...

5. planosteve

I really need to pay attention, you live in New Jersey so you are now officially an owner of a arsenal and must be some kind of right wing nut job. Welcome to the club.

6. Thanks man I just loaded the mags on both the pistol and the carbine.

So I guess I wont list my other firearms or all my ammo then I might really scare someone. :)

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Dang Steve!! have you been spying on me? That is exactly what happened to me. I have acquired 13 guns since the first of the year. I didnt have any before that.

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

You will surely want one of these, next?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  9. Don't know why but I really dislike the looks of the ATI stock.

10. Welcome to the fun house:D

11. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised by your "purchases." My only advice would be to read the owners manuals (three pages long) and maybe oil the slide tracks before you run them, maybe even bore snake them if you have one. Im not sure how many rounds you plan on firing on your first test run, but please let us know how "they" do. Will the 995 mags work in the C9 or visa versa? I've heard they can share the same mags but not sure which one.

12. I did try the carbine mag in the C9 and it did fit but it moved around alot. I just ordered some mags for both guns and a rifle case for the carbine from Hi-point.:D

13. planosteve

I know what you mean, I had to sell off most of mine when I was laid off. I kept one 22 pistol. I am now back up to 9 over 18 months and should have my AR this fall. I have my ammo supply at a maintenance level now so I can shoot to my hearts content, even 22 lr.:D

14. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

If I wasn't such a cheapskate I would break down and buy a CX4 Storm? But I can put 3-4 of these together for the cost of one Beretta!

15. Tyler-Durden77

Tyler-Durden77 Member

The only issue I had using the carbine mags in the pistol was caused by the way I was holding it. I would wrap my left hand around the bottom of the grip and cause the mag to wiggle which would change the angle at the feed lips causing FTF issues. When I can get to a 1 hand grip I had no issues at all.

16. Thanks for the feed back, I just ordered a 10 rounder for the C9 from Hi-point. It is going to be hard to get used to 8 and 10 round mags. I am spoiled by my S&W with 14 round mags.