Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said in another thread I went shooting with my 20 year old stepson last week and he was hitting the target with greater accuracy than I was, for the first time. When I commented on how well he was shooting he said. "Yeah, I've been practicing with my airsoft a lot.
So I went to Walmart today and picked up an airsoft pistol today. The one I bought is modeled after the Sig Sauer. I chose this model because it was the most like my JHP in size and in the appearance of the sites.

I built a cardboard BB catcher and I have already put a couple hundred rounds through the gun. I really like the fact that,if I watch carefully, I can actually see the BB fly and hit the target. Sometimes when I am at the gun range and I miss the target I have a hard time discerning which direction I missed.I am convinced that this will help me become a better shot. Perhaps even a marksman!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Ive got about 7 airsoft pistols myself but they never get any use, didnt think theyd be good as an aid for handgun improvement

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got about 7 airsoft pistols myself but they never get any use, didnt think theyd be good as an aid for handgun improvement
I'll let you know next time I get to the gun range. I have probably fired 500 rounds with this thing today and I know for a fact, that I am acquiring the target more quickly and hitting what I aim at with this pistol more accurately than I was this morning. My goal is to fire at least 100 shots a day for several weeks before I go to the range again.

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
I think I might get me one too, I used to have one but I just used it to shoot at my aunts kids. I get off work at three oclock every day now so it's like Im on the same schedual as when i was in school so I have more time to shoot. I just dont have a good place to do it all the time. airsoft would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I might get me one too, I used to have one but I just used it to shoot at my aunts kids. I get off work at three oclock every day now so it's like Im on the same schedual as when i was in school so I have more time to shoot. I just dont have a good place to do it all the time. airsoft would be perfect.
The one I've got is rated for "up to" 44 yards I don't ever shoot a pistol from that far away, (not yet anyway) but I do have a room in my house that is 40 feet long. It makes a pretty nice indoor range. Today I have been shooting from about 25 feet

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I have two in 1911 style. It's fun shooting the 6mm paint balls in them. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They shoot paint balls? I had no idea!

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been shooting in my great room much of the day. My dog, who always goes and hides when I pull out the .45, has figured out that this gun does not make a loud boom. The gun still freaks him out though, so he barks, and jumps up and down. He even tried to grab the gun one time. Excellent training for acquiring a target and shooting amid distraction. Taking a shot with a 70 pound dog rushing at you barking his fool head off is really something to get used to.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Any sight of a gun and my two little dogs run and hide. HA!HA!HA! :embarrassed2:

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Delmar, I bought the 6mm paint balls on e-bay. There are 200 in each bottle. You can get any color you want.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any sight of a gun and my two little dogs run and hide. HA!HA!HA! :embarrassed2:
I think my dog is trying to train me to be ready for a home invasion!

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Well, since I am deaf...my dogs will run and bark at the door, so I know some one is at the door. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Delmar, I bought the 6mm paint balls on e-bay. There are 200 in each bottle. You can get any color you want.
That is so cool! Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I fired many hundreds of shots in the first two days since I got my airsoft. I woke up this morning and the tendon in my left hand hurts like crazy! Seems by racking that slide back every shot for all those hundreds of shots, I earned myself a full blown repetitive motion injury. I literally can not rack the slide with my left hand today. I was amazed at work today to discover just how miserable a sore thumb can make a person.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
So I fired many hundreds of shots in the first two days since I got my airsoft. I woke up this morning and the tendon in my left hand hurts like crazy! Seems by racking that slide back every shot for all those hundreds of shots, I earned myself a full blown repetitive motion injury. I literally can not rack the slide with my left hand today. I was amazed at work today to discover just how miserable a sore thumb can make a person.
You should get the semi auto kind that use CO2 cartridges

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should get the semi auto kind that use CO2 cartridges
Not buying Co2
I If I need to, I'll buy a battery operated auto , but for now I figured out a way to cock it by pushing the front site against a table. I'm not letting this stop me from getting my 100 shots/ day in!

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Delmar, just a heads up...I have bought a lot of battery operated airsoft(6mm) pistols and rifles. Those cheap ones($30 and less) are crap. They break with in 50 shots. The good ones are priced higher(I'm not paying $200 for one). The cheapies...I just have for wall hangers. So, bewere. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Delmar, just a heads up...I have bought a lot of battery operated airsoft(6mm) pistols and rifles. Those cheap ones($30 and less) are crap. They break with in 50 shots. The good ones are priced higher(I'm not paying $200 for one). The cheapies...I just have for wall hangers. So, bewere. :yes:
I'll probably just stick with what I got then.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Delmar, please don't let me scare you away from buying anything. Maybe I got a POS one. :thinking:

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Delmar, please don't let me scare you away from buying anything. Maybe I got a POS one. :thinking:
Not scared. Just cheap! My wrist is feeling better and the one I have works fine. I just have to make sure I don't over do it, like I did the first couple of days. Like I said, I did figure out how to cock it another way.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts