Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I was in Prescott and, as usual, stopped in at gun stores. At J&G I decided to buy a P64; it's seems to be a pretty cool little pistol with a lousy trigger. I'll work on the trigger and see how I like it. Size is nearly identical to the PF-9, but it is quite a bit heavier as it's not polymer. The pinky extension on the magazine needs to go--then it would easily fit in a pocket. The 2 Nagants are what concerns me:

I have no idea why I bought one, much less 2. A while back I had some crazy idea about using one to build a silenced revolver--as a sort of novelty gun and keep the other original. One is marked 1932, the other 1933, both are Tula of course. One guy suggested I put one in each hand and dry-fire them to strengthen my trigger fingers; given the condition of the triggers, it should work well.

Okay, have some fun and provide suggestions regarding what a guy should do with 2 of these things.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Send a lucky forum member one and immediately solve the problem of what to do with 2. I think you should send it to the first one who responds btw.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I have a Nagant and personally I don't think they really have any use haha, they are just fun to have and shoot. I've gotten some odd looks because people are like "omgwtf is that ugly revolver!?" I really enjoy shooting mine, it's just expensive.

How much did you give each for them BTW? Mine was basically in like new condition and I gave $100 even for it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
there is a you tube vid out there on a silenced nagant, one of the only ones you can do it to because of the sealed chamber, but i'm sure you knew that already. pretty cool vid though, very quiet.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Nagant and personally I don't think they really have any use haha, they are just fun to have and shoot. I've gotten some odd looks because people are like "omgwtf is that ugly revolver!?" I really enjoy shooting mine, it's just expensive.

How much did you give each for them BTW? Mine was basically in like new condition and I gave $100 even for it.
J&G, like several others, is selling them for $80 right now. I picked 2 mainly over trigger pull and looks. All the triggers are horrid, but some are nearly impossible. Total with shipping was $343 and Henderson Defense charges $25 to transfer up to 3 guns, and the state of Nevada steals $25 for a background check the Feds do free. Total for all three came to $393, not too bad, but the $25 theft by the state of NV always pisses me off.
there is a you tube vid out there on a silenced nagant, one of the only ones you can do it to because of the sealed chamber, but i'm sure you knew that already. pretty cool vid though, very quiet.

Yeah, I've seen it before. Now that I've got the revolvers in my hands the idea of a silenced revolver isn't as cool and novel as I thought it would seem. They both have the kit most seem to have these days--holster, lanyard, screwdriver, cleaning rod, and trigger lock(!?) Anyway, if anybody gives me a cool idea I may go for it, otherwise, who knows? I may just play with them for a while and then try to trade one or both for something more interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who in the hell is the importer of those 2 Nagants? Their etchings look like a billboard behind the cylinders.
When delivered they had that big R guns banner hanging form them, and yes, the importer marks are huge.

·
Registered
96 Posts
who in the hell is the importer of those 2 Nagants? Their etchings look like a billboard behind the cylinders.
Someone needs to informs Rguns that we charge for advertising space, so they should give their weapons to us for shipping cost.

That might get them to reduce their friggin billboard advertising. :D

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
As far as what you should do with 2 of them, well..............................
I have 3 and shoot them fairly regularly, they are great little pistols to shoot and the ammo is easy to find and fairly cheap over the last couple of years. Always fun to relive the boat scene from "Enemy at the Gates", without shooting at imaginery Stukas of course, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 3 and shoot them fairly regularly, they are great little pistols to shoot and the ammo is easy to find and fairly cheap over the last couple of years. Always fun to relive the boat scene from "Enemy at the Gates", without shooting at imaginery Stukas of course, lol.
They're okay. My son and I shot them yesterday. Neither of us was impressed, you know how sometimes a gun clicks with you? These didn't. The P64 surprised me; it was a cooler little pistol than I expected. And, it's the only 9x18 I've ever shot that fed hollow points (Silver Bear) without work. It's just too bad the double action trigger is so bad, and the pistol is heavy for its size. I may sell them all, I don't know. I may keep one of the Nagants and sell the other 2. Oh well.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
They're okay. My son and I shot them yesterday. Neither of us was impressed, you know how sometimes a gun clicks with you? These didn't. The P64 surprised me; it was a cooler little pistol than I expected. And, it's the only 9x18 I've ever shot that fed hollow points (Silver Bear) without work. It's just too bad the double action trigger is so bad, and the pistol is heavy for its size. I may sell them all, I don't know. I may keep one of the Nagants and sell the other 2. Oh well.
My PA-63 feeds silver bear with pleasure.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My PA-63 feeds silver bear with pleasure.
Really? I find that intrigueing. I bought 2 of them and my son bought 1 back when J&G was selling them for $99 each. All 3 needed a bit of polishing to feed hollow points reliably. I'd say you got a good one!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Trade the ones you don't like for something you will like.

Post up on the gunboards, you will have offers for all sorts of stuff in just a few hours.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trade the ones you don't like for something you will like.

Post up on the gunboards, you will have offers for all sorts of stuff in just a few hours.
I know, I know; you're right, I've got a bunch of stuff I need to get listed so I can move on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts