Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fit this bench in a spare room and I couldn't be more pleased. Can anyone guess the brand of press thats in the picture?

edit: increase size of photos

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys take that pirate stuff farther than I do...lol. Not bad guess's on the press SW. It is niether a lyman nor an olympia.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
My guess also would be RCBS

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Go to your wife/girlfriend, act like you are looking for something. Tell her, "I be looking fer treasure, show me yer chest!" Or, "I be a pirate, show me yer booty!" Make sure you have a good pirate voice or it doesn't work.

·
Registered
922 Posts
if anybody says "blow me down, me heartys" you will oficially be declared ghey.

SW
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You beat me to it!!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Dunbar... single stage... Do I get a prize?! (Am I right?)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'll throw a couple guesses in on the press

C-H?

Potter?

Ideal?

Texan?

Springfield Armory?

Honestly, I have never seen a press made quite like that. It looks built well enough to make Dillon look flimsy. ;) I can tell it's definitely old, but appears to still use standard size dies.

wizard93

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great advice broomhead...I'll try that advice with several ladies this Halloween. Since thats my costume every year I think I can get away with it several times before I begin to get slapped.

SW nice guess's again but its not a huntington or spolar.

Ari good guess but its not a John Deere.

45.acp nice guess but its not an RCBS.

Strangerous good guess but its not a dunbar.

wizard93 excellent strategy with like 5 guess's...unfortunatly they are all incorrect as well.

I had no idea it would take you guys this long without guessing it. But then again, it really is quite an obscure press that isnt made anymore. Opps...I just dropped a hint. Also once in a while you will find them on e-bay selling for more than $400 before bidding closes. I wish I had one of the Turret Presses. That would so completely rock! I inherited this one and don't think I'll ever find another that I can justify buying.

It takes RCBS dies and standard Lee shell holders. Maybe I'll post a closer shot of it if I can manage not to show the name brand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like I need to post a better closeup. Not a redding either. I got my old digital camera working again. The camera phone just dont cut it. Now that I think of it...guess I'll update those photo's of the bench area in the OP. Usin my camera phone was a real PITA.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Herters?

Star?

I don't know if either of those companies even made single stages but I'm guessing here.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
LYMAN!
Am I right? Do I get a prize?!?!
I hope not...
(everybody knows that is a friggin' Hollywood gun shop senior press... LOL :lol: ;) )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.