Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site. I have some experience with HP carbines and I am looking for one of my own. I just cant find anyone with one in stock. The dealers I have contacted said they have had them on order for over a month and dont know when they will get more in. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my only idea would be go with the 995 :lol: cheaper ammo! i like my 995 even though i haven't spent nearly enuff time with it yet.

good luck in your quest!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Do you have a Dunhams Sports store near you? I know they carry both
the 4095 and the 995 as stock items. They often run thm as "doorbuster" specials on Sundays and Fridays.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, thank you for your replies. I am partial to the .40 s&w, I guess because I have had experience with both the .40, and the 9 mike-mike, I prefer the .40. I have never heard of a Dunhams, but I will google it. Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Scour the gun auction sites. I saw one on gunbroker but it was overpriced.
If you can't find what you want at local gun shops, online, or at a distributor like SOG, hit the next gun show.
I don't know what the gun shows are like in your area, but where I am pre election time, every dealer and their brother makes sure to have a fair selection of nice "evil" semi-auto rifles to meet the increased demand. :D
You should be able to find at least one 4095 at a reasonable price that way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's less than i gave for my 995, geez :( what would total price be like with ttl=s&h i wonder?

what am i talking about? i don't want a .40 anyway, do i? :?

i should stick with my current urge to run down to my dealer and pick-up the .45 pistol, i prefer instant gratification. :twisted:

·
Registered
247 Posts
That is the dealer price. Factor in shipping and transfer fee of course. If you are lucky and there is a dealer in your area that does dirt cheap transfers, you could get one for under 200.
Of course that all depends on whether it is in stock or not at the time, and the demand for Hi Points is constant. It is worth the time it takes to check with the distributors though.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Check through the Yellow Pages and call all your local Pawn Shops to see if they have one.
You might find a used one for a good price & they are always willing to deal or trade. You could bring in some stuff you don't want/need anymore & use that towards the cost.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Here is the quick and easy way to find a dealer in your area if you find a distributor that has what you want, or if you find something on a gun auction site.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

There are a fair number of home based FFL's around the country that do nothing but transfers, and a number of these guys charge $25 or less for the service.
I know a guy that charges $15 per, and another that charges $10.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you checked the dealer list on HP's website?
When I was looking for my 995 I called all the gun shops in the phone book and got the same thing as you. On order don't know when.
Last ditch I looked on the HP website and found that some of the farm supply stores in the area carry them. First one I called had two in stock.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I waited 2 months for a dealer to find one. I searched all the ones near my home and also near my land in upstate NY and noone had one. I finally had the closest dealer to me order one. They were all close in price so that didn't matter. They all told me forget one with a camo stock, they can never get one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Impact is one of my local gun stores that didn't have them.
When I asked if the could order me one they said they would but it could take a couple months.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Went to a gun show today and lo and behold there were (2) 995 - used- thought the $ was little high @ $190.may go back tommorrow and try to deal. Went to the woods right after gun show and put couple hundred rds thru the 4095 I got last week. :D Sweet ! Sweet!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Possible 4095

Hey Wrecking Crew, see your from the Tulsa area. I just picked up a 4095 in Tulsa last Thursday for a good price. The store had one 4095 left on the shelf. I sent you a pm with the location if you haven't already found or ordered one. Already shot a hundred rounds through mine without a hitch, no frills, just rugged good fun!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts