I do not like cats

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by greg_r, Sep 5, 2020.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

About 3am this morning I made me a cup of coffee and went out on the front porch to drink it. Kept hearing a kitten crying.

went back outside about 7am and still heard the kitten crying. Went and looked and found a new born kitten laying in the grass in the yard. It quit crying ... until I started walking away. Then started crying again but louder. It. Was soaking wet from the dew and I was sure the momma cat had abandoned it.

I went in and asked for advice, went to town and bought some kitten formula and a bottle. When I got back it was still where I left it.That was some 7 hours after I found it. So I took it in, made it a bottle and fed it. Feeding was a challenge but it soon tasted the formula a and took a little.

I do not like cats, but I guess I just adopted one.
    7B9923DD-ADF1-46B3-8742-45DF63DB5E35.jpeg

2. That's really cute .

Texas Shooter, Merle and greg_r like this.

3. greg_r

Just hope I did not bite off more than I can chew.

it took the bottle, but not very well. Slept about an hour and a half. Took the bottle again - better this time, and just went back to sleep. The formula canister says about 4 hours between feedings.

CamoDeafie likes this.
  4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Taste like chicken............

5. I neither love nor hate cats - but I sure do hate mice and rats.. :rolleyes:

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Awwwww....I am totally a cat person lol.
    That little bugger will stick with you for life.

HPD855 and moona11 like this.
  7. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

There's an advantage to having a cat.

118933686_3642075859138586_5788838546016445649_n.jpg

CowboyBob, xratic, yworrydog and 9 others like this.
  8. We fostered a stray calico kitten until she got adopted, and cared for my brother in law's cat until he could have her in his place. My wife is a dedicated cat lady :rolleyes: when we do get a bigger place instead of the studio we are living in; I want a dog, she wants a cat... we both agreed no birds :D

Think1st and ichthyo like this.
  9. I'm a sucker for strays.
    I have 2 cats now and both just kind of took up here.

HPD855 and SWAGA like this.
  10. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

aww that is a little one... going to be a pretty cat with that gray fur color!

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

My dogs kill cats that jump over the fence. I had one last year that was treed. Heard the girls raising hell. Took the dogs into the house and told the cat to cruise. He shot out to the fence smashed his face once or twice and jumped over it.

[​IMG]

undeRGRound likes this.
  12. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That's a cute little critter. We finally got one after years of talking about whether or not to do so. Here's some advice if you've never had one.

**Kittens are cute when they bite, but don't be tempted to use your hand as a toy. They continue biting after they get bigger and older. Don't raise your hand at him to make him stop, or you'll break the bond. Just stop playing and walk away if he voted.

**I've heard that when they're really little, the momma cat has to lick them under the base of the tail to get them to do a #2. If the little guy is having problems and won't do his business, use a damp cloth for that.

**Naturally Fresh is a brand of litter made from crushed up walnut shells. It clumps really well so you can scoop out the urine, and keeps the stench down. It also takes less in the litter box than regular litter.

**Instead of declawing the kitten, you can get him used to having his feet handled so that you can trim his claws. Just trim the white part. Of you trim into where it's colored, you'll be cutting into the quick, and that won't be fun for the little guy. If he starts scratching stuff, put a scratching post next to it. It's saved our leather couches and works. Declawing cats can cause psychological problems for them and leaves them without a necessary self-defense capability. Generally, cats will keep their claws retracted when they take random swipes at you in any case.

taytayou812 likes this.
  13. greg_r

Thanks! I need any help I can get. I have no idea what I am doing. My daughter remarked that I was trying to keep a cat alive, and she could not believe it. I really do not like cats.

Edit: I remarked beneath each of your ** points. Of course you can not see them unless you expand the post. :oops:

OldOutlaw likes this.
  14. Think1st

Florida
    You'll be amused with them after you keep this guy for a while. I get a kick out of how serious they look when they're doing their important cat stuff. By the way, you'll want to talk to the local vet about vaccinations and sterilization. There's plenty of other advice you'll get there.

You're doing a good thing.

15. greg_r

Well, let’s hope so. The kitten surely drew the short straw as far as getting help. :(

OldOutlaw likes this.
  16. Think1st

Florida
    You and the little guy will be fine.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

That's how E trapped me in to a cat. Abandoned and not eating for her and the kids. I came home and the little shit head curled up to me and ate from my hand then went to sleep on my neck. We have 4 now.

undeRGRound, Rerun, SDProf and 2 others like this.
  18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

My cat loves it when I slap her around. Spin her or slid her across the floor. She comes back for more. She attacks everyone else. But not me. Each cat is different. I have 1 at if I look at her sternly she avoids me for days.

19. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Indoor or outdoor? Both of mine are indoor, pitbulls were on both sides of me now only 1 side.

First thing to do is get a litter box and as soon as it makes looks like it's going to a "move", pick it up and put the it in the litter box. They seem to learn quick that's what the box is for.

My male cat has been clawing his brains out every time he goes to the can. I finally looked it up and they said it's a sign he's constipated. Suggestion was to give him an 1/8 teaspoon of Metamucil every couple of days to help him "go".

Just like having another kid, but you can't claim them on your taxes, yet. And vet bills are JUST like taking a kid to the doctor. If you do, find out what your state requires cause vets around here want to do things (and charge you for them) that aren't.

Pretty soon he/she will be like this:

DSCN0163.JPG

20. SDProf

SDProf Supporting Member

No, it adopted you.

Enjoy the kitten antics, they grow up too soon.

Our first two were foundlings like that. All the ones since are from shelters.

mariepearson likes this.