I do not like cats

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by greg_r, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Ours likes to bite when he wants food or entertainment. He'll brush against your shins and do the long sad meow, first. If you fail to comply, his tail starts to thrash, and his pupils dilate rapidly. From there, he bites at your feet and calves until you either entertain him with a toy, or get him some food. You have to figure out which it is he wants to get him to stop. I used to scoop him up in a way that he can't bite at me and let him chew on a toy until he'd worked out his frustration, but my wife wanted him to stop it altogether, so we had to go to squirt bottle diplomacy. Now, when he starts to attack, he only has to see the squirt bottle to back off.

You can only pet him for a few seconds before he gets annoyed and bats your hand away. He just wants to be where we are and to be served. He is a cute little critter, though. We're hoping he ends up actually wanting to just sit on our laps and chill as he gets older.

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Mine cock blocks. She has to sleep in my arm pit with her head on my neck and a paw on my chin. Right between me and E. She refuses the lay on the other side. As a kitten she stalked my youngest kid and attacked him every chance. She is a jealous bitch. Any other cat comes near me and she mean mugs them.

Think1st likes this.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Pretty sure I just found the momma cat. Also sure it’s feral. Mean as a snake. Found it in my woodshed with another kitten. Ran off when I found it. I put my found kitten with the other and watched. Momma came back pretty quickly and accepted both.

The woodshed is across the yard from where I found the kitten. I wonder why momma did not come back and get it? Pretty sure the kittens chance for survival just increased substantially.

CamoDeafie likes this.
  4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I don't like cats on the counter tops and table. I like a cat that goes outside to do their business. Indoors is not good for people with respiratory problems I don't give a damn what is in their box and how often you change it.

1024Megabytes likes this.
  5. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Now ya got 3 cats :rotfl::clap:

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

ajole and Think1st like this.
  7. greg_r

Mama cat has brought the kitten back out into the yard and dropped it off. Appears to have absolutely no interest in it. I am watching to see what happens.

8. Think1st

Florida
    Uh-oh. It looks like there was a reason you found the kitten the first time. Mama might not be able to take care of two.

SWAGA likes this.
  9. SWAGA

[​IMG]

Go get that kitty before we have to smack you.

Think1st likes this.
  10. greg_r

I got it back inside.

The girls found another one that was dead. That prompted a search. They found 4 more. At least the one I fed a few times today looks pretty good. Two of the 4 don’t look so good, but they did eat some.

Think1st and SWAGA like this.
  11. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Now you're gonna need a cat kennel, you can call it...The Cat House!

12. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Well, good for you greg. Darn it, I do not care much for cats myself, but I never ever let one die in similar circumstances. So, I had a few cats at one time or the other. Most were from a feral mother. They were pretty darned good cats after they grew up. No mice, ground squirrel, or chipmunk burrowing around the foundations.

undeRGRound likes this.
  13. Think1st

Florida
    Something tells me Mama Cat is having a rough time, herself, if the kittens are all in such a state. After you get them all nursed back to health, you can put adds out for them. There are lots of folks who would take them. Also, check your local Petco or equivalent. They adopt out kittens and cats if you can't keep them all. I think they are a good option to those shelters that euthenize critters after a certain amount of time.

14. SWAGA

Little kittens need to be socialized so they get used to humans.

SDProf, Think1st and OldOutlaw like this.
  15. Think1st

Florida
    They also have to be kept together until they're at least a couple months old so they learn restraint when they play. It trains out a lot of behavioral issues.

SWAGA, TNTRAILERTRASH and SDProf like this.
  16. onefootleft

onefootleft Member

we have fostered and bottle fed 2 litters, make sure they stay warm also.

17. onefootleft

onefootleft Member

20200529_172142.jpg our pit bull yoda was like a mother to them. He was always checking on them and licking them

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  18. greg_r

My pit bull, Inmate, would enjoy them as a snack.

19. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

All rescues are more attached and loving than any other pets.

onefootleft and SWAGA like this.
  20. For a guy that does not like cats, you seem to have a bunch of them...

Rerun, OldOutlaw and 1024Megabytes like this.