I don't recommend this :)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by shelbyzman, Apr 23, 2008.

1. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    Don't put more rounds into a magazine than you are suppose to! :lol:

My little PT-22 has been a great plinker but I thought that I was going to have to send it back to Taurus.
    The slide was getting hung up, the magazine wouldn't release.......come to find out.....drum roll please :roll: I was loading 9 rounds instead of the 8 rounds that the magazine is suppose to hold.
    Once I figured out that I was being an idiot, I put about 100 rounds of cheap bulk .22s through it and I couldn't get it to mess up! I really like this little gun.
    Weird thing is loading the 9th round was so easy, I think that's why I temporarily forgot that it was suppose to only hold 8....

2. Sometimes it pays off to read the instruction manual that comes with all our toys.... :)

I have yet to have an issue with my PT-22, it feeds everything I have used so far.

3. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    thats the thing, I knew it only held 8 and I just wasn't paying attention to how many I loaded. You know with most magazines you get to the max and you can put anymore rounds in. The 9th round with this magazine went in easy....teaches me to pay more attention :lol:

4. learn something new everyday. i think most of us are like you, feed the mag till it's full. no shame there. thanks for the info.

5. I did that with the PA-63 when I first got it. It would hold more rounds than it was supposed to. Had to learn to count again.

6. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

CCI Velociter 40 grn =1435 FPS

Aguila Interceptor 40 grn= 1470 FPS.

Coming out of a Taurus PT 22 might make a decent carry gun.

7. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

OR,stay away from hyper velocity ammo in the PT 22??!!