Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a C9 in Terre Haute Indiana for 160 with a case. Broke the thing down prior to firing. Lubricated it with weaponshield. 50 rounds. No ftf\fte. Ugly as sin but fills the hand nicely. Love the weight. Grips are junque to put it mildly. I will probably get one of the .40 or .45 models. Most people would be surprised at the similarities in construction when you get my vintage Nylon 66 naked along with the C9. My Nylon is almost 40 years old and has had tens of thousands of cartridges put through it but still is very accurate. If folks are worried about wearing a high point out they should consider that.

A. The travel of the slide is mere inches.
B. There is no vertical load on the slide
c. proper lubricating, with modern lubricants, can virtually negate any loss of metal due to wear.

Quite possibly the worst pistol that I ever owned was a Springfield Armory 1911A1. I would have been lucky if I could have shot my own foot with that brick. Sold it to a friend who put around 500 dollars in custom work into it. Sure it shoots good now but it did not compare, out of box, to this High Point.
The only thing that is pretty ghetto is the safety lever. They could have done a lot better on this. Perhaps an after market lever will appear.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
First off... :welcome:

I have purchased three C9's and a CF380 and plan on buying another C9 and another CF380. I really like shooting the C9 and CF380, they are accurate, inexpensive, and fun to shoot. They will become less ugly the longer you own them. :)

I gave one of my C9's to my brother-in-law for a wedding (bachelor party gift) and he used it to get his new bride warmed up to owning guns and she loves shooting now too.

I own two .40's and one .45. I like the .45 better. It has NEVER jammed or given me any grief what so ever even with WWB ammo. I still have to work on the .40, prolly needs the feed ramp buffed.

I also have two 995's, one is a Classic that is mine and the other is a TS that I got to give to my son this Christmas. I equipped the Classic with an ATI stock and love it. Check out a 995 and you'll be sold on them too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Listen to me, Hi-Points are a very serious addiction.

In order to help you before the addiction gets too severe, I am offering to take your C9 off your hands. It's for your own good..........just agree, and don't ask any questions.......

If you get one of the 40 or 45 models, don't even shoot them...just send them to me.......don't become like us......it's too late for us.....

:D

:welcome:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum fron TN. Watch out or you'll be wanting the 995TS so you'll have the matching set.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have started to appreciate the subtle line of the C9. I appreciate even more the 6 dollar holster that I got at Wal Mart which fits like a glove. Now to spend the money saved on extra magazines.

·
Premium Member
36,647 Posts
I like the pistols looks, and love the old carbines in a perverse way, the TS in a cool way... :devilsidesmile:
and also wonder if they couldn't have done a better job with the safety.
But the reality is, for the price, that safety is a wonder of engineering. It stops the trigger, stops the slide, and does it directly, while clearly indicating visibly what condition you are in. It can be bent without breaking, can be relatively easily replaced, and is as inexpensive as possible. Sounds like a Hi Point all the way! :angel:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I am a recovering gun snob, and will freely admit that I used to think that Hi-Points were the ugliest things I had ever seen. However, being a HP owner for about a year now, I've really come to appreciate the design and exactly why it looks like it does. Having said that, I still prefer the look and feel of the full-size handguns to the C-9.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome:
I first bought the 995TS after reading many forum entries.

I then purchased a C9 Comp, again after much reading here.

Love them both!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.