I finally got a "Monkey Gun" Fun Fun Fun !!!

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Dagwood, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I've been wanting on of these for awhile! The only ones Iv'e seen are beat or bubba'd beyond recognition.
    This one was hiding on the top shelf of my Local Pawn shop next to the new 995ts's. They were asking $240.00, way too much. I got it for $160.00 plus tax.
    At first it looked beat. The bolt was wrong, the foregrip was hideous and that camo kerlex tape made it look pretty bad. All bargaining fodder.
    I took the tape off and the foregrip. Took the bolt off of my 4595ts just for now, and put a BSA red dot on. She looks pretty good now! the top rail is metal and appears to be stock. The front rail is an add on. but it fits well and I like it.
    Can't wait to get her out and see how she shoots! It looks like it has had very little use. I'm excited!

Attached Files:

2. Dagwood

BTW, if anyone has any extra bolt handles I would buy one.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    PM me a mailing addy. Pretty sure there's one or two floating around here.

Or just call mom.

4. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

I definitely have one that you can have. If cicpup ends up not having one just pm me your address and it's yours.

Congrats on the new rifle, I'm still looking for a classic stock too. Someday.

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

very nice I miss having mine.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I bought & sold my 1st two Classics before I realized how much I really liked that design. My 4095 Classic is probably my favorite?

7. ace

ace Member

I love my 995 classic. So far its the only hi point I own. But someday I'm hoping to run into a 4095 classic when I have the money.

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'm also one of those weirdo's that likes the classic better.

Just ask Melvin when you're ready. He'll find three or four you can pick from.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    That's IT!
    I want one Too! :D

10. Dagwood

Thanks guys!!
    I just came back from the indoor range. It only goes out to 30yds. She ran perfect. The red dot isn't the greatest, but the gun was great!
    I really like the Classic. It seems to be a bit lighter, definitely shorter and it doesn't slap your cheek like the TS does.
    I told the kid at the Pawn shop "isn't this thing a sexy beast"! He didn't see the beauty in it. These kids think Hi Point is crap. They've never even shot one.
    They put Hi Point bumper stickers on their buddies cars as a joke. That's alright by me, just more for me. Lol

Cicpup, pm sent. thanks again.

11. MachoMelvin

Be careful!

You could end up with 10 or 11 of them?

Attached Files:

12. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Definitely looks better now!!

13. MachoMelvin

Dagwood, what letter is your serial number?

14. Dagwood

The sn prefix is E. It says Beemiller, Mannsfield, OH

15. MachoMelvin

"E" was the last series before they completely switched over to just the TS models. They had "E" in both Classic's & TS's. Yours may have the LRHO. Some of the later "E"'s had it?

16. Dagwood

Doesn't seem to. If it does have LRHO it doesn't work. I dont think it does.
    What year was it made do you think?

17. ace

ace Member

Mel do have a E classic with LRHO? I didn't think that would work with a classic stock.

18. MachoMelvin

No, I don't have a LRHO "E". But I was told the last 200 or so were formatted with it. MoM made both the Classic & TS models for 6 months, before fazing out the Classic. They did the same with the 4095 Classic also.

19. Dagwood

Mel, there's a model you don't have! What! Any way, what year was that?

20. Seems like Melvin still has some searching to do to complete his collection!
    And here I thought you had them all??