Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I finally got up the nerve to OC today and it was awesome.
I was a little nervous at my first stop, I went to DSW to look for some new running shoes. I had my High Point .40 on my hip while I did my shopping, no one said a single thing to me.
When I left there I felt a little bit better and I went to make my next stop at Wal-Mart.
I holstered up and did all my shopping at Wal-Mart and once again no one said a single thing about my gun.
The kid in sporting goods just looked at it and said "Wow, is that a .40 cal" and I said "yes it is, thank you for noticing" I then smiled and went on my way.
It was a great experience exercising my constitutional rights.
I am looking forward to doing it more often.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Just curious, and don't answer if you don't want. But how old are you?

And it's exhilarating. I remember my first time carrying(CC.) I was so nervous, I carried around the house for weeks just getting used to having something new...it's a lot of extra weight to carry around if your not used to it.

But actually carrying in public was new, and scary. I kept adjusting and pulling up my pants, I made me belt tighter, so tight that my feet got cold.

Carrying a gun that nobody could see, or knew was there was a rush, I can't imagine OC. My hat's off to you....it's an HK hat though, so it wont stay away from me too long.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beeg Boy,,,,, where you located?
Oh yeah, sorry about that guys.
I am in Phoenix, AZ and I am 30 years old.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Awesome, good to hear!

My wife doesn't want me to open carry as she is afraid everyone will think I plan to shoot up the place...

·
Registered
163 Posts
My wife doesn't want me to open carry as she is afraid everyone will think I plan to shoot up the place...
That perception is exactly why you NEED to OC if your state allows it. I think people should get used to seeing responsible adults carrying guns everywhere they go. So they don't think everyone with a gun is going to shoot things up.

The antis have done a great job of "denormalizing" guns. Now, the majority of people don't think guns are something 'normal' people want or need. So the default assumption when they see a gun is to think "Crazy Person!"

CCW can't fix this perception because no one knows you're carrying, but OC can.

Florida doesn't allow OC, but if it did, I'd probably OC more than I CC. (not to mention it's more comfortable.)

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I'd like to OC but in AL most people say you will get detained by the police if you do. They can't actually do anything to you because OC isn't illegal, but they'll hold you for several hours and some have even reported that the cops have made up charges so that they could be arrested and have their CC permit revoked. I'd OC if I could...but I'm afraid that by practicing my rights I'm actually going to lose one or more :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I look forward to OC in my state (MI) ASAP..... I mean as soon as I finish off paying for my shotgun..... and buying my OC/CCgun... :embarrassed2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
great to see another 1 take that 1st step out with the open carry. its hard to do that 1st time but after you do you wonder why you never did before.remember we tell our kids NEVER be afraid to try something new. so lets all take our own adviceand get OCING. great job man . glad to see you had a great 1st time..

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
great to see another 1 take that 1st step out with the open carry. its hard to do that 1st time but after you do you wonder why you never did before.remember we tell our kids NEVER be afraid to try something new. so lets all take our own adviceand get OCING. great job man . glad to see you had a great 1st time..
Thanks, I am gonna do it again real soon. Maybe even this weekend.

·
Registered
799 Posts
good job.i need to see if i can get a license to conceal here.would prob be more dangerous just carring it around.atleast if the bad guy dont know you have a weapon you might have a better chance of getting them first.guess it depends on the situation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.