I Found a Die I'm Looking Forward To Trying

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by Joshua M. Smith, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith Mosin Sight Manufacturer Member

Hi folks,

I usually charge rifle cases off the press while using a Lee Disk to charge on-press.

However, sometimes I want to load up plinking rounds that don't require me to weigh each charge, and that means charging on the press.

Nothing Lee makes would adapt their "Perfect Powder Measure", which is the one that works best for me, to the press.

I went looking and found this:

[​IMG]

The address reads www.gun-guides.com.

It adapts the Perfect Powder Measure to my Rock Chucker press, and should work with any press. The thing's long, too, and I would think it would handle most anything below .50bmg.

(Later...)

I just tried it, loaded 10 rounds, and it works very nicely. I didn't deviate more than 0.1 grain throwing 45 grains of Varget.

I'm not affiliated with the maker, but I am happy with their product. I like hearing that folks are happy with my stuff, so I try to write good things about products that impress me.

I think, but cannot prove, that this is either one person or a small group of folks. That's a bonus.

Regards,

Josh

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I use the Lee double disk kit for my on-press rifle case charging with the auto disk powder measure and my powder through expansion die. I only vary at most +\-.1gr

Unless of course i completely missed the point of your post.

3. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith Mosin Sight Manufacturer Member

The rifle charging die has an upper limit of 7.62x51mm. I'm loading x54 and x57.

Josh

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Even with the additional extension? I haven't loaded longer than x51 yet but have been approached for x54.

5. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I've been using their adapters for quite awhile now on a single stage Lee press... they work very well.