Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened to me at work yesterday.

I had a meeting scheduled with a gal to provide some training on her new assignment on our team. On her window in her office, someone had put up an American Flag sticker a long time ago. She said she’s looked at it 1000 times and it never had any impact on her; she really didn’t feel a connection to it. Then, one day in the last few weeks, after talking to me, she looked up at her flag again, and felt it. It was something deep inside of her, she felt it. And she realized that now she was connected to that flag. She knows me and considers me her friend. And her friend has a son, who’s committed himself to protecting her, and her family. She said, it was at that moment, that she understood, and has a connection she never felt before. I didn’t know what to say. She looked me right in the eye as she said these words, and I could tell they were from her heart. We weren't even talking about my son, or the Army or anything but work at the time.

This meant a lot to me. I guess I'm telling you all, especially those of you who wear or have worn our colors, that we're out here. Sometimes it takes a while for us to get it, but we're out here. And we do appreciate what you do for us, deep in our hearts.

·
Registered
345 Posts
All I can say is this...THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN! No matter what branch, where you might be stationed (overseas or at home), or what your role, you serve our country, and to that all I can say is THANK YOU!

...One more thing...To those of you out there who routinely mock and ridicule our soldiers, all I can say is this: while you have the freedom to have your own opinion, you wouldn't even be able to voice that opinion if our troops were not out there keeping our enemies at bay. If they weren't, we would be speaking a different language here in this country right now, and we would have capitulated to outside threats (or even to the foes within our own borders) long ago--and you wouldn't even have an opportunity to express your opinion. So, state your piece, and leave it be. To those who actively sabatoge and interfere with military funerals, parades, etc., I have only one thing to say to you: by actively attacking our military, you threaten yourself. So, to all our soldiers, THANK YOU, and to those who support them, THANK YOU...and to those who continue to defame and ridicule our military, say what you have to say, and then SHUT THE &%^ UP (insert your choice of a four-letter word there to express deep displeasure over the threat of apathy that intolerant pacificisim causes) and let the rest of us get back to work!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

...Sorry for the outburst there. I have recently run into more of the "shame on our military" attitude, and I'm quite tired of it. I can relate to what newskate has posted here.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OUR PATRIOTS!!!

Jag 8) 8) 8)

P.S. I tried posting a reply similar to this one before, but somehow it didn't get posted...the browser said the connection was bad...hmmm...I wonder what that means...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.