Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While killing time yesterday in Nashnille the wife and I stopped at a pawn shp to see what they had. I was wearing my HP gear (hat, shirt) like I do most times. I was perusing the inventory of Ravens,Titans,Then a couple Rugers and the obligatory Glocks,Sigs etc.... Then I heard a voice from behind me holler "Haaaaa yeee do u lyk them Hi-points guns" I replied in kind and he said "I'll make you a hellua on one or one the pair."I asked for price and be had a price on them where he had taken them in asa pwans and was noe selling them. It was a CF380 that you could not tell if it had ever been shot. It was perfect and came in the white box. The second was a 40. His great deal was 150 for the 40 and 100 for the 380.
I laughed at him. He said wuts so fun ny. I told him I keep up with the prices. Secondly in this area the .380 is only $124 & the 40sw is only $149 both new. I wasn't going to pay new price for used one.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Oh man... I love it when folks are too proud of their hi-points to let them be sold!

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Oh man... I love it when folks are too proud of their hi-points to let them be sold!
LMAO! That's the truth Strangerous.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
It's not really a bad deal though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah he wouldn't come down. oldnoob it wasn't really a good deal. Because the tics fee and tax were not included. Both of them were used the 380 looked like it had never been fired. I know right now they all seem to be harder to find, but no need in getting raped on the price of a used one. I think I might be able to get the cf380 a lil cheaper but the 40 he wouldn't budge on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been seeing outrageous prices on C9's lately. The highest I have seen was $219 + fee's, but for the most part they seem to be hanging around $149 + fee's.

Thank god I still have a local pawn and gun shop that doesn't feel the need to price gouge the public.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Heh, I stopped in a pawn shop a while ago and they had a beat-to-hell c9 for the low low price of $199 + fees. He gave me a dirty look when I told him I got mine for $149 new.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Heh, I stopped in a pawn shop a while ago and they had a beat-to-hell c9 for the low low price of $199 + fees. He gave me a dirty look when I told him I got mine for $149 new.
Now you know that the C9 is worth every bit of $300, if you find one priced less than that, you're still in the good! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, keep in mind. I've seen some pawn shops selling camcorders that are bigger than the ones news crews carry around these days for over $400 and there is no warranty. These things have gotta be like 10 years old!! Pawn shops just seem geared to rip you off.

I found myself a nice little gunshop called the Sport Trap in Port Charlotte FL selling .45 JHP's for $125 used & $189 new. Needless to say the used one isn't available at this time.../snicker. It was missing the regular 3 dot sights but they are on thier way to me for free from HP.

I just can't see lining those guys pockets with my hard earned cash. It's like they are in love with the stuff in the store and don't want to sell any of it. It must be the area. And they are taking advantage of items that are scarce by jackin the price way up. Makes my blood boil!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You want to see out of sight prices on real junk, check out the pawnshops in Reno, NV. I guess some people think they are getting a bargin if it comes from a pawn shop. Not alwise so...

·
Registered
108 Posts
LOL wd6bgn, I live in Reno and couldn't agree more. The land of 100 dollar VCR's and used Sears tools more expensive than, well Sears. The one around the corner from me did have an HP pistol for 99 bucks and a 40 cal carbine for 275. I do not know what the caliber or condition of the pistol was as I saw it during a time when I still was laughing at them.

I'll tell you, Pawn Shops are one industry that I would love to see go obsolete. They only benefit the guy who broke in and stole the tools from your garage.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
My 995 is the adult version of dog poo on a stick.
With this in your sig it seems you may still be thinking there is something funny about HP's.
" It's a crude weapon but very effective at making the other kids scatter."
It's true!

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Actually for a uninformed pawn shop those are not bad prices. I personally would not call it rape. We have all seen them go for much more than that.

Depends on what part of the country you live in too but they do go for a lot more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pawn shop prices

I found a couple of hi-points in a local pawn shop a few weeks ago. They ranged from $169- $199. the guy looked at me like I had pi#@%d in his wheaties when I told him I had paid only $125 for my c9(new). We talked a while and he told me to come back when I wanted to buy another and he would make me a deal. He had about 4 of each in the back. Nice gun folk here in KY.

These things are hard to find even with Bud's Gun Shop down the road. Looked for over a month before I found my c9 at a local mom and pop gun store owned by a fellow gun club member.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I gave $200.00 for my C9 last week with the "free" holster and an X-tra 8 rnd. mag. that included tax. No fee for the NICS check.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts