Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it's a secret...well... until I can get some secret pics.

I'll give you some hints:

-It's somewhat rare, but not terribly expensive
-It's small enough to fit inside the cab of a Ford Ranger (so no surplus autos...that's the police Vic next month :D)
-It's covered in grease
-It's Russian

Discuss.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Re: I gots me somthing.....

I would say a Makarov, PA-63 or similar.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

You hit it on the head Daze.... a greasy Russian mail order bride...how's your girl feel about that?
Dunno... she was sitting absentmindedly in the loungechair as I was picking it out from the crowd, but she said she is cool as long as it doesn't start stealing her hairbrush

·
Banned
4,876 Posts

You hit it on the head Daze.... a greasy Russian mail order bride...how's your girl feel about that?
Dunno... she was sitting absentmindedly in the loungechair as I was picking it out from the crowd, but she said she is cool as long as it doesn't start stealing her hairbrush
you got a keeper there!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, ok.... FINALLY got the cosmoline off it and cleaned it up for some decent pics. Would've had them up last night but both me and Pigtails were dead tired from a day trip to Prescott.

The winner is not some emaciated human-trafficked bride named Sophie, nor is it a Tokarev (but I did look long and hard at them, but realized I didn't have that much cash to spare as I was already cutting it close), and I ALMOST got a 91/30, but I had to be practical. I live in a large city, and long arms like the 91/30 are hard to shoot without going at least 50 +miles out of town. So, by luck they had a few left and I dropped $79.99 plus another $27 for 50 rounds of ammo and got this:

Was originally hoping to pick up BOTH a 91/30 and the Nagant revolver, but funds were very tight this week and I had a $400 repair that popped up on the Vespa that I couldn't do anything about. I am hoping to pick up the longarm partner to it next month after I get my new-to-me Crown Vic, but we shall see how the money is. Should have a range report next week with me and Pigtails. I expect it should do rather well, since it hardly has ANY wear and I was able to pick up a box of 50 factory HotShot rounds (With packaging that has an American flag printed covering the top of the box, yet they're made in Serbia.... odd if you ask me.) !! It's manufacture is 1938, but all markings are PERFECT with no rubbing, and the bore is nearly mirror perfect. I'm very pleased with it.

Besides, what's the use of being a party member without a prized Nagant revolver?

·
Registered
927 Posts
nice we need to get together before the weather really gets hot

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The winner is not some emaciated human-trafficked bride named Sophie, nor is it a Tokarev (but I did look long and hard at them, but realized I didn't have that much cash to spare as I was already cutting it close)
I assume you are talking about the bride being hard to find and too expensive. I have a domestic one, and she costs me more than my dog.... and she isn't near as useful. Never once has she retrieved birds.

That's a nice looking piece. Where are you that your local stores have these, and other mosins for such a reasonable price? Our stores have them between 125 and 150, but the gun shows usually keep the price around 100.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've never seen one in person, and would like to pick one up as well. Where can we find?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
That's a nice looking pistol Neo. I may have to pick one up when my C&R gets corrected.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I picked this one up at J and G sales in Prescott AZ. I wouldn't of been able to find this in phoenix below $200 since price gouging is a city wide hobby for arms here. Unfortunately, their usual stellar service wasn't that sharp the day I went up there ( I got a VERY political and bitter guy behind the counter that I've never seen before, and he was kind of a douche. Very odd considering when I go up there the staff are VERY friendly and upbeat, and always love helping you no matter if you're buying a $11,000 Match grade rifle or a $69 Mosin Nagant). The condition was, of course, excellent with them giving me a selection to choose from, and the paperwork was very concise. I'll still be going up there for more ammo, a 91/30 and whatever else my pocketbook may be able to afford later on, but I think I'll avoid *that* clerk.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
congrats Neo, what arsenal is that one, Tula or Izhevsk?
Tula I believe. looked at several and to be honest I don't remember what I brought home! I was so focused on cleaning and getting the pics up that I haven't done the documenting macro pics for my renters insurance

·
Registered
671 Posts
I am new to the nagnat pistol, but won't those shoot .32's? That's what I read I thought.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.