I HATE being poor

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

:mad: A good friend of mine has an MP15-22 with a few mags he's willing to sell me for $200.

That's about $195 more than I can really spend on a luxury time like that.

It's a great deal and it drives me nuts I can't take advantage of it

Don't get me wrong, I know it could be worse. i just got great deal on some .22 over the weekend and got a good deal on some slugs the weekend before that.

Literlly half my guns I got for free. And for the last 2 months or so I have been borrowing a car from someone.

All our bills are paid, there is a roof over our head and food in the fridge. So, yes, it could be much, much worse.

But I have a friggin degree, I work hard to support my family. My job has me doing stuff for other people all day (my choice, i love my job) and I barely see a penny out of my pay besides lunch (which averages less than $3 a day.

I just want to have the ability to grab a good deal on a nice toy once in a while, ya know????

Alright, vent over. Thanks for reading :D

2. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

That is a really good deal... I hate to see it go to waste... maybe I could help. If we could get a bunch to agree I wouldn't mind throwing in a few bucks.

Karma can also work to your advantage!

3. tallbump

Trust me Macho I am praying...more so for peace than for the actual item.

I do my best in that regard. i always put the family first ya know.

I have MANY blessings and I tyr to be thankful and appreciative.

I just want to be able to do something nice for myself once in a while...hope this makes sense

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

It does....... And ten years from now, when you look back at what you gave up for your family, you won't regret any of it..... In the immortal words of Mick Jagger.... You can't always get what you want......

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Of course sweetie. Need a mani pedi to make you feel better? Spa Day perhaps?

I just had to let Melvin take a $100 chrome Model-C from me because of life's BS. I feel your pain.

6. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Trade with you... I live on $1245 a month and need to put $350 worth of corn in storage this month. On top of the rest of the normal house bills.

7. tallbump

Yeah, see Mary, that's what I mean. I know it could be worse off. In the big picture, I have nothing to complain about really.

It's like the old cartoon where the carrot or whatever is dangling on a stick just out of reach, but you keep chasing it anyways...

Income wise, I should be able to have do a little something once in a while but it just never works out

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

It was yours until you said you were out. Would you rather a complete stranger have won the bid? At least, this way if I were to fall on hard times or the LORD tell me to give it way, you would be on top of the list?
    We just NEVER know what tomorrow may bring!

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You kinda missed the point of that but it's OK.

10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Tall brother we all feel your pain. Moneys tight all around for most of us its pay check to pay check. I've been on light duty for months and had to beg for donated leave that sucks. Finally getting back to full time is a joy. Loved working with the admin ladies but they don't get paid enough for what they do. My last day with them they are all getting roses from me. With the wife permission of chores.

11. bluharley

bluharley Member

According to Herman Cain, candidate for the 2012 U.S. Republican Party presidential nomination, if you're not rich it's your fault, EVERYONE can be rich in America. Guess we would need a lot more illegal immigrants to clean our toilets, wipe our arses, and such.

12. tallbump

blu...see, here's the thing about that. First, I am not saying I should be rich, or it's someone's fault I am not rich.

I full well acknowledge that my financial situation is a result of my choices. I could probably have a better paying job. But I LOVE what I do, so I put job satisfaction before the almighty dollar. It's strictly 9-5 (well 8:30 to 5) so it doesn't take away too much time from the family. I get to help people and make a difference for them everyday. I have a collection of thank you cards to show for it.

My wife is a stay at home mom...she could be working, but we prefer he to be home raising our little one. Our older daughter is in a Christian school that isn't cheap. We have to make sacrifices to afford to keep her there. We could have her in a free public school, but we believe our choice is for the best.

We dropped out satellite as soon as our contract expired and went to just Hulu and Netfilx to save at least $40 a month.

Really, about the only other thing we could do would be to not tithe (please no anti-religious comments) but to us that is not an option. Again, our choice....taking full responsibility for that.

I was just irritated this was such a good deal and I couldn't take advantage of it. I have been looking for a "fun gun". I have been going back and forth between a 4095 or a tacticool .22. Pros and cons for both. At the end of the day the .22 is cheaper to shoot and I need to be realistic. I have only shot my JCP .40 once, mostly due to not having the $20 or so for a box of ammo.

I have a small stock pile of .22 now so I could actually shoot that, and I have 2 places I can go to shot for free. My buddy happened to mention once wanting to sell his MP15-22 so I had to ask. When he told me $200...i was a bit.....surprised and disappointment LOL

Oh well, again, just needed to vent. I am a grown man and take full responsibility for my choices. Choices have consequences. We don't always like all of the consequences that result, but that's life. I was upset, I vented, now it's time to pull up my big boy pants and move on. I do have a couple of guns that I enjoy shooting and currently I do have ammo for all of them. Hunting season is around the corner so i'll get out a few days for that. All in all, life is good. Plus, Christmas is coming, so that gets me some more gun goodies possibly ammo or maybe a nice good cleaning kit)

13. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Amen on the "tithing"!
    I believe everything happens for a reason & everything happens for a season!
    We must always wait upon the Lord. His ways are so much wiser than ours. By the way, do you have a PayPal acct?

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

If you've got a pair (2) of bolt action or "single shot" .22LR rifles, I can make you a deal.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

15. tallbump

Kirk

I only have one .22 rifle, and it's a semi-auto.

But, let me know when the boy scouts/training thins starts up. If yo still need ammo, I am sure I can find a few $ to kick in. I will gladly sacrifice a tad more to introduce the youth to firearms and safety.

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Thanks for the offer!

Thanks to the generosity of members here on HPFF and from some friends IRL who know that .22LR is still a bit hard to come by in my AO, we are pretty well stocked for the time being.

If I haven't managed to pick up another sub-$100 rifle soon, I'm going to go buy a Cricket, either from WM or from a LGS.

My personal deadline is however long it takes BSA to finally approve my paperwork to be a merit badge counselor. Theoretically, it should be near instant because my credentials are easily verified and I'm already approved, via literally identical paperwork, to sit on the Committee. But apparently these things move with glacial speed. Anyway, when the paperwork finally gets approved, if I've not yet found a local deal in the secondary market, it's off to the LGS. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. tallbump

The Field & Stream store in my town has the Rossi Youth Combo in .22 and .410 on clearance for $159. They only have it in pink though for that price.

Seriously trying to convince my wife that is a far better Christmas/Bday gift for our daughter than a Kindle Fire. (She was boron on Christmas Day and turns 11). I am not winning that fight LOL

You know honestly, thinking about this with clarity now, I think I would rather her get a rifle than me. The one 22 I have is adult size so a bit hard for her to shoot. There's plenty of time for me to get another one, but I only have so much time with her. If I get her a youth rifle now and get her into it, we can pass that long to my youngest daughter in a few years and get her a bigger one. Then I get to enjoy my hobby and spend time with the kids. That seems like a MUCH better investment than the 15-22

18. bluharley

bluharley Member

I agree, we all make choices and there are consequences...and then there are times when we just get SCREWED!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.