I hate "Fall Back."

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Nov 2, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

OK, Daylight Savings Time, Fall Edition, hit this Sunday morning. Most people like it because they feel like they're getting an extra hour of sleep. Sorta. I hate it. They already stole that hour of sleep from me in "Spring Forward" and now they're stealing an hour of sunlight from me. The claim is that they're giving you an hour of sunlight in the morning. I'd vastly rather rather have the hour of sunlight when I get home from work and can actually enjoy it.

<grrr>

Left me grumpy. :mad:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1446469630.400097.jpg
    I've always liked this.....

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's even worse than just that. I wasn't allowed to change the original position of the blanket. They cut off the foot at the bottom, leaving my feet cold and uncovered, and sewed it on to the top, covering up my face! <grrr> :mad:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I hate it all myself..... Pick one, stick with it.....

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Agreed. Although here in New Mexico the rule changes after this fall back. No more. We won't have to do this again. Thank god

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    WTF? Indiana was the same as Arizona, (ALWAYS on GOD's TIME) and our
    crooked-a$$ governor rammed the change through. We need to swap back, too!

7. colthrash

colthrash Member

we should go back to sun dials...

8. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I like DLST. If we stay on standard time, in the summer it will be getting daylight at 4 am and be dark by 8 pm. I would rather reset the clocks twice a year and in the summer have daylight until 9:30 pm and enjoy the summer.

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So would I, which is why I'm upset at "Fall Back" robbing me of an hour of evening daylight. :mad:

Leave 'em set forward.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

They plaster warnings about the "Fall Back" causing increased encounters with wildlife and advise taking extra caution when driving at night.

Cancel the "Fall Back" time change...even if it only saves one innocent creature's life.

11. rickm

rickm Member

They should just split the difference and leave it alone.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Salt Lake City would be 5 AM to 9 PM in June, just right.

I HATE the change, and it makes no sense as an energy saver, since most places have the lights on all day, every day, regardless.

13. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Somehow, the "Fall Back" always leaves me feeling exhausted.

14. histed

histed Supporting Member

I'm with Kirk all the way on this one. Set 'em forward and keep ya bleedin' hands offen it! Already its dark by 5:30, by Christmas its 4:30 - on a good day. Cold AND dark - 'swhy I hate winter.

15. I have had to work mids every Fall Back day for the last four years.
    Yay 13 hour shifts!

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I hate it too! I could have moved a second load of corn today but it started getting dark on me! With lots of moving parts on the auger I am not working in the dark!

17. Alright, I'm sorry, but my grandpa and I were seriously talking about augers less than twelve hours ago, Are you 100% sure your name isn't Harvey?

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Is he redneck too? 2x4's and 6's, lawn mower tires, scrap angle iron, 5 ratchet straps...

3,000 pounds today and I am calling it good. 5,500 plus in storage now.

[​IMG]

19. lsi1

lsi1 Member

now my beautyful little baby girl gets up at 430 instead of the 530 that we had all become used to.

20. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Hey Mary, I see the one stack of solar panels you have, didn't you say you have a second set somewhere? What are you getting out of that anyways? I was thinking of running 3 panels high by 7 or 8 wide.

I still have to negotiate with the power company because I would love to produce enough to feed their system and make them pay me every month.