I hate MKS, and I think they lie.

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Help' started by ajole, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Saw this on an ad in the front or home page for the forum...

"Running through the 28th, MKS Supply, the parent company of Hi Point and Chiappa firearms, has been offering an HSP pistol lock box for five lucky winners as part of their year-end give away"

Is it true, or is some idiot copy writer Facebook ad man lying through his teeth?:confused:

Seriously...MKS pisses me off, and if they ARE the parent company, I'd be tempted to say screw the HP and all its glory.

Anyone have a real honest knowledge, and not just a read it on the internet idea?

I do know this...the MKS supply web site doesn't say one thing about Chiappa anymore, and the Chiappa site says nothing about MKS, but they are at different addresses in Dayton. The MKS site does say they market and distribute HP and Inland guns...not that they own them.

I really feel like MKS is a greasy outfit that finagles the edges of everything, and that includes their stupid Facebook page for HP.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. Rerun

Rerun Member

What choo talking about, Willis?

eldar

3. I thought MKS was just the sole distributor of Hi Point didn't know about the parent company part ????

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have visited MKS several times. Before Hi Point, Stallard, Iberia, & Haskell distributed their guns themselves. After the merge they decided to let MKS distribute their guns. Thus, attracting a larger fan base. HP still distributes guns to some of their old guns store customers ie; pawnshops & hardware stores. I recently picked up the Chiappa M1 9mm. I found out that MKS no longer handle's the Chiappa line of firearms. Chiappa's US headquarters is located in Dayton, and they do manufacture a few of their guns there. I think the 1911 22lr?
    MKS distributes several different brand of guns, not just HP's.

5. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

Are you just reacting to the Facebook connection, and all the BS with free give aways there, or are you reacting to an MKS pattern you see?

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    MKS.

They are the ONLY distributor for HP, and I think they present themselves in a way that makes them seem like more than they are, on Facebook and in ads. It confuses people.

7. Wait a second... Are you saying they never gave away a 4595TS on there Black Friday Super-Duper giveaway promotion? Oh man I hate it when people lie, please say it aint so. I know it sounds crazy but I had this weird feeling I was gonna win that thing too :wah:
    :conspiracy:

Attached Files:

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, I didn't say that. At all.:cool:

Are you saying you are the company's schill planted here to counter any suggestion that MKS sucks?

I know it's crazy, but I have this weird feeling that you might be more troll than not.:cool:

9. no trolling hear just trying to have some fun and learn about the carbine before I buy one... sorry to bother you

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hey...it's OK, I was just using your own words to point out what a smart aleck comment that was.;)

11. Rerun

Rerun Member

Melvin,

how much did Your M1-9mm end up costing?

eldar

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Al is just living up to his name, Trumpy...
    Wait until you get an "Ajolé Dissection"
    :D

13. Smart Aleck?

It was meant to be sarcasm and a funny contribution to your "I hate MKs and I think they lie thread" From my "Smart Aleck" remark I would gather that I also hated MKs and think they lied too and I was trying to be funny about it. There was nothing intentionally directed at you and I'm sorry if you took it that way... it wont happen again.

14. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Yup and none of the rest of us have ever been accused of smart aleck comments before.... ;)

PS. I don't like MKS either.

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's just the vagaries of the written word, in parallel with the lack of intonation, facial expression, and other non-verbals.

Don't let it throw you. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

17. Rerun

Rerun Member

Thanks!

That's a little less than I paid for my M1 Garand in 1995.

eldar

18. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I'll give you 25$ extra on top that, right now!...

19. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I'll give you $500 for the Garand. Bull is a cheapskate.

20. Rerun

Rerun Member

Too late. It had a Winchester receiver whose serial number was 101,8XX (April 1941).

I paid $315 counting tax for it in 1994. I sold it for 5 figures to a person who LARPS WW II. The best deal I have ever made buying/selling firearms.

eldar